Skip to content

How to solve - unknown registration status

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Come up with a newbie question, hope someone could help.
Found some rows in my log like "0059/1245 unknown registration status - http://www.tripcrazed.com/register.aspx http://www.tripcrazed.com/register.aspx"

What is the cause of unknown registration status, and how to solve it? Will the project try to register the unknow sites later or any options can make it that way?

Besides, what is the number "0059/1245" in log mean?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

"0059/1245" means that you set a limit to only create 1245 URLs a day or alike and 59 have been done till now.

An unknown submission status is handled as a known one if the color is green..else its handled as failed (red color). The cause of such "unknown" status" is that none of the defined "success/failed" messages was found on the page. This can happen if the error/success messages have been modified by the admin or translated into a different language.

• edited February 2013
    Thanks @sven, any ideas on how to re-register the unknow site again? I've been thinking tha causes you metioned, and the reasons why they happen.
    Some of the "No message found" may cause by the network connection issue at that time, as I run my SER on my PC instead of VPS.
    Message translated could be cause by some websites language auto-changed depends on user's IP address, let's say, if the proxy used when register was loacted in Saudi Arabia, then the message would be translated into Arabic automatically.
    Anaway, chances are if I do the registration again, I may got some sites success. The reason I am asking is thoses "unknow status" happens a lot to me.
  • mmm @sven so if a submission return unknown status that means the platform need an update?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @rodol, yes in some cases. though I haven't defined every possible message there can be. It also doesn't influence the result if the submission is successful but not really seen as it and set to unknown.