Skip to content

Link Spread

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited September 2012 in Need Help
I went and checked the various links that the program has been building today to see how it's doing.

When I run the stats diagram across ALL the projects, it shows that it has done forum posts for 60% of the links.

I have setup the following platforms (with all sub ones selected):
1) Blog
2) Forum
3) Doc Sharing
4) Video
5) Image
6) Social Bookmark
7) Social Network

These are my questions:
1) How does it allocate the spread of platforms?
2) Is is possible for it to spread it evenly over all platforms selected? (i.e. if you have 10 image platforms and 20 social bookmarks, then 1/3 of links go to image platforms and 2/3 are social bookmark links. So if this balance is out (in the verified links), then it automatically focusses on the platforms that need more links)

Any ideas on the above?
Tagged:

Comments

• +1 for a possibility to set the priority of the plattform/distribute the backlinks more even.
  • I would like this option, too.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    This will not work good. On Web2.0 e.g. there are not many sites. The program will try to locate new sites on that category as you want it without success.
  • I see your point Sven, but do you see a better way than handle this manually and select/deselect categories of engines? Would it make more sense perhaps to be able to define the priority of the used category instead trying to keep every category of engines at the same level.

I've excluded for example guestbooks to an own project and gave it the lowest priority. This changed the whole situation a little bit, but the effect is minimal in my eyes.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I have had to disable guestbooks as well as forums as they were each getting too many links. I think it's best to reduce the number of projects and have multiple platforms in each project rather than setting up projects for each platform, to fix this problem. 

I suppose we should all do a little research here:
    1) If you select all platforms, which ones are dominating the links?
    2) What percent are they at?
    3) It seems advisable to split out directory and article submissions to seperate projects as well as not using indexer, pingbacks, So given that, if you use 
    1) Blog
    2) Forum
    3) Doc Sharing
    4) Video
    5) Image
    6) Social Bookmark
    7) Social Network

What type of link spread is everyone getting? 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

upcoming version >> link diversity should be much better now as the program is choosing platform before choosing an engine

• Very great Sven! :)