Skip to content

Is there much risk in this approach?

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited February 2013 in Need Help
Hi all. I'm going for long-term SEO so building up my links slowly with SER and even writing some tier 1 content myself.  I'm writing my content like this on my moneysite:

www.domain.com/main-keyword

Then pointing tier 1 stuff to that, then tier 2 to tier 1, etc.

However. I'm considering blasting out loads of links to my money site on 1/2  highly competitive keyword to a specific link on my site, just to see how effective that approach is short-term for those keywords. Obviously, I don't want my entire domain to be marked as spammy by Google. So my question is, if I use SER to spam www.mydomain.com/keyword1 page, will this affect www.mydomain.com/keyword2 page and www.mydomain.com negatively? I just want to try different approaches but since they are all on the same domain, I am reluctant. In short, is short-term SEO with article blasting likely to affect the other parts of my site, on the same domain but different pages.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

I personally wouldn't do it even though I think you will be ok doing that to an interior page. If you do go ahead, then I would blast with the best links like articles, web 2.0, social network and bookmarks.

Testing stuff like that is important if you want to play in this game, so that's good. But if you're going to test an seo theory doing something that could get you slapped, I would recommend doing it on another domain for something you really don't care about.

• Ron, thanks. When I said 'loads of links' I probably meant about 20, all of which would be PR1+ web2.0 and articles only I think. Definitely not BC or IC etc. I'll think it over this weekend...