Skip to content

Retry Failed Proxy

Sven  It would be nice to have a feature in the proxy settings so that SER could retry nonworking proxies until it finds a good one for posting/scraping . I found a thread about this topic and saw that the software retries 3 times with a new proxy until it stops searching and gives up 
Do you think it could be possible , it would reduce the proxy costs for many of us and we could put to a better use GSA Proxy Scraper
Thank you

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well what in detail you want? Changing the 3 times retry to something else? If a proxy failes, it gets a new one. If that fails again...
    Once something is good, it is kept in mind and an internal counter is increased so that this proxy is used in priority to others.
    In my opinion, this is already happening.
  • edited January 2016
    Sorry , it must have been a misunderstanding from what i read 
    What i meant was let's say for example SER would have to post on a website and i would use a list of shared proxies, does the software when it tries to post on the website assign a proxy to the thread until it finds a good one or it tries for a specific number of times then it passes on ?
    Thank you
    Here is the thread
    It ties to submit or download content from that side with a proxy...if it failes, it takes another one and tries again...this happens 3 times in a row.
  • Ok then i understood fine ... can you add an option in the software so that it retries until it finds a working proxy without a set number of times ? (like in GScraper- it changes the proxy until finds one alive and retries)
  • @Sven any idea if this is possible ? 
    well not right now...it's on my to do list but other things need more priority now.
  • ok , thank you