Skip to content

Spanish instead of English in Spin Spintax (when I add articles from "search online")

Hello, 

Funny thing happened to me. I had to put GSA on a new vps. Backed up everything, restored on new install. 

Ever since then, each time I add articles from search online/search online + mix, and I tell GSA to automatically insert spin spintax, I get the articles spinned in Spanish (or Portugese). Note that this is done by default even with a new install (installed 10.27 then updated to 10.49 and then again, same problem). 

I tried everything - added new thesaurus in tools- spin convert - use internal and added English, still nothing. I even tried other languages to see where GSA adds the dictionaries, I found nothing. 

Please help! 

Thanks, 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    what do you have setup in spin tools? Just the free thesaurus?
  • Hello, 

Yes, just the free thesaurus. This is the default behavior as I see it in GSA now. 

Before when I would use "insert" if I didn't have any thesaurus GSA would tell me to add one and I would add the free English one. Now, even with a clean reinstall it gives me spanish or portuguese  - not sure about the language, but either way not english. 

Thanks, 
    Well a spinner only adds synonyms and is not translating things!?
  • Agreed, but in this case it looks like it founds the synonyms in other language than english. 

So my question is: 
    - where can I find the English synonyms thesaurus in GSA - I searched the engine folder but I see it's not there, so where does it save it? I'm thinking manually deleting it would result in GSA asking me to get a new thesaurus. 
    - how can I change the language of the internal spinner when I add articles from "search online" option - for example, if I want GSA to retrieve articles in french and spin them in french. 

Basically, how can I change the default language of the automated spin converter? 

Thanks, 

the spinner is using the thesaurus of OO only.
    You can locate them here: C:\Users\<login>\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\spin_data

But the program does not search for other than English content only. You can however change that all in content_search.dat