Skip to content

Having a big Problem Currently With Teirs

edited February 2013 in Bugs
bug with GSA and using Teirs  and it's the same exact thing happening to me across all 7 of my servers.  Whenever you edit multiple campaigns at the same time in the  Like All of T1  and than Edit all of T2  Than Edit all of T3 The teirs will actually break and randomly link to other projects   I have made a video of it showing exactly how it's breaking and how to reproduce the error.  And I have currently Have sent this to you Sven,  Along with Screen Shots. And A Backup Of my Current Projects. 

GSA in this current state is unusable to me across all my servers and the same thing is happening across all of them.

Comments

• Is something similar to this happening to anyone else?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @Hunar - Can you explain what you are editing across multiple campaigns?
  • I'm editing Search Engines, Unticking Use global site list and Use keywords to find new sites.    When I tick any of those it will mess up all the tiers not just one.  I would post the video I made here to reproduce the error but I don't really wanna out the 50 sites I have on that server.  But I sent the vid to sven along with screen shots and a detail on how to reproduce it.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Same thing happened to me, one of the things that copied over was my "Use secondary anchor text". It grabbed the secondary anchor text from the first project and copied it to all of my other projects.

I stopped editing multiple projects at the same time after that.
  • that sucks cause for me to edit each one individually would take me hours.  :/
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you edit multiple projects, than all visible options are applied to all projects. Well I see what I can do to reproduce this.
  • I'm redoing the video in a diff format than i'll send it to you. :)

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar - YES YES YES! I have been doing something similar and I couldn't work out what was triggering this! I just did a big restructure, and every so often all my tiers would break and I'd manually have to reassign them. I must have redone it about 10 times and done over 400 projects reassigned...was driving me mad! But I couldn't find the trigger to what caused it as it seemed random so couldn't post it as a bug!!!

Basically, it just broke all the tiers and stuck them under 1 project. 

@sven - it wasn't under edit multiple projects. I'd select ONE project, do an edit, press OK, and BAM - all the tier structure broke for ALL projects, even in completely different groups!!! It seemed to only break the tier 1's, nothing higher.

So I'd have Group | Sub Group | T0 Project --> T1 Project. 

It was Tier 1's that kept breaking!!
  • edited February 2013
    For me it was doing it when I'd select Multiple Teir 1's  So if I held down control and selected all the teir ones  Than click edit engines/options  than I'd go down and untick the global site list  than hit ok.  It wouldn't show that all the tiers were broke quite yet but if you went into individual projects you'd see that they were  the only way you can actually get it to show that they were all broken was by restarting  SER 

Which sucks Cause I know for a fact I spend maybe 3-4 days building links to the wrong tiers. :/

Sorry that it's happening to you as well Global,  I know how much of a pain it is.  I've spent like 4-5 hours each day trying to fix this. :(

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I've paused all tiered projects until it's solved. I can't face reassigning them for the 10th time across each VPS. 
  • Hi Sven,  Sorry to bug you about this again,  Just wondering if you have had time to look into this further after I sent you a backup of one of my servers.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I am having this issue solved now! What a relief!
  • oh really?  i'm scared to check it on one of my bigger servers as if it messes up that will be a 1-2 hour waste.
  • Hmm you are correct it is fixed. :)   I had tried it out after that last update and it wasn't working.  Must've been something that I had done.  Either way thanks Sven! :)

Thanks GG as well. :)