Skip to content

GSA SER - Identify platform and sort in

DzilRelDzilRel ____'s Backyard
Howdy

I am trying to use small lists of under 100k links to sort and identify them. Everytime I try to do that, the computer freezes and I have to restart it.

Both installs are with original windows from Microsoft.

At first, I thought it's a new Windows 10. I tried to do this basic operation on Windows 10 on an i3 with 9gb or ram, and an i7 with 8 gb of ram. Both ran exclusively the GSA, no other project running. I own multiple licenses of GSA I do not use anymore, so I can use one GSA for just doing that. Also I have enough PCs and a very fast internet connection.

So, I installed Windows 8, and tried to do this again. The same. Started, it worked around 1 minute, bang, freezed, restarted again. I am getting tired of this after installing multiple systems on multiple PC's. 

What am I doing wrong? What details do you need from me? The links are scanned with GScraper. The verification is done without proxies. Running normal project for creating links works normally, with no issues. It's only on verifications that it freezes.

Thank you

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Is the encoding for the file correct? I haven't used Gscraper in a while so I can't remember what the default encoding is but you might want to make sure its exported as ANSI. 

You could also try splitting the list into a smaller size and importing that way to see if it helps. 
  • DzilRelDzilRel ____'s Backyard
    I will check it later today, I have to go to the location where I have the computer, since it's frozen again. An under 100k urls file I think should be very small. People scan million of links, how do you identify them? By splitting in 100 urls files? :)
    edited January 2016
    Oh, I read your number wrong in the original post. 100k is a pretty small file so its not going to be that. I just imported a 100k on my side and it loaded quick and started running no problem.

Probably the encoding
    Not working. I exported to ANSI, the list is small, around 40k. It works 30 second, 1 minute, it identifies a few tens, then the computer freezes again. I have no idea what to do.

Should I report this to bugs? As I said, I tried on 2 configurations, win 10 and 8.1. Fresh windows, nothing running beside the AV. 

I changed even the AV to test if the AV is the problem. From ESET AV, to ESET Security suite, Bit defender. 

Cheers
    Ya, I'm not sure what's happening on your end since it seems to run ok on my side. This is something you'll probably need to report to @sven.
    edited January 2016
    Indeed.  But thank you for your time. Mr. Sir. @sven, tomorrow is Monday. So we should have you around. Please read my problem :P
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @DzilRel can you provide that file so that I can maybe reproduce it here?
    Yes sir! Luckily I had one left on a PC, because I got so pissed I deleted it :)) Pming you now.
    Solved by installing windows server 2012 r2. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    OK lets blame windows on it as I also was unable to reproduce this issue + debuged on your PC.
    I agree :)) I should have installed Server from the start anyway. For some reason I did not.