Skip to content

looking to increase my niche site ranking

I run a video production company and purchased gsa to help give me a much needed boost. I was told a safe way to do this would be to purchase an expired domain and 301 to my actual site. All of my gsa links would be pointing to my expired domain. I don't need to over do it, and want to keep this going long term and avoid penalties if possible. Any advice of what to do and/or not do ? 

Thanks

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Research 301ing more, when I tried it the penalty passed through it in time.

I would try a web 2.0 T1 with SER pushing T2.
  • If you buy the right expired domain you should need to do much backlinking.

Youd be funneling the metrics from your expired domain into your video if you embeded the video onto the site no?
  • I found on my video that are at least 8 minutes long if I share on major social channels and embed them into web .2.0 they start getting views and rank very easilly.

I tested with capthcha breaker video, ultimate demon, gsa and senuke last year all top 3 at time they all got searched and some 3000 views very quickly.... no paid views or anything.

dont mean to mantion other software... stcik with gsa and captha breker the others have no good updates recently. Just example of videos that actually get searched..

I see this elaborate ways some people say they rank and then you ask the a term and its "male pregnancy on the moon"  0 searches and 0 cpc ..

Even funnier these people sell garbage "software" and people buy it not realizing can rank for those terms with 0 effort

Thanks again sven for actually updating and being involved in your software. Thats hard to find today to many people want to take newbies money and run unfortunately.
  • so are you saying buying a clean, expired domain and using a 301 direct to my company website isn't the best idea? I would of course be directing all of my gsa links to the expired domain and not directly to my website.

Here is what I was going to do, but I dont want to get a penalty: http://seounion.net/seo/how-to-using-301-redirects-to-rank-your-sites-on-page-1/

I'm not too familiar with web 2.0, do you have any recommendations for good tutorials on this method?
  • ok i found out more about web 2.0. Here's my plan:

Main site < 301 redirect < web 2.0 < tier 1 < tier 2

Is this the best way to do it? I don't need a great deal of link juice because my competition in the video production industry is small. I'm getting beat out by weak sites with poor seo and want to crush my competition for a long time.
  • Main Site < PBN < Web 2.0 < Tier 1 < Tier 2 = bulletproof....for now.
  • Thanks viking. Im not doing a money site like a lot of folks here so do you think I will need to build many pbns ? Basically Im ranking 10th locally for video services in my city. Should it be pretty easy with such a small market and minimal competition?