Skip to content

GSA Do Not Post To Target URL's

GSA does not post to target URL's, what's the problem? It says "download failed" and "no engine matches" etc yet the same list on other installation a friend have said it is working. In fact the 116 urls you see in the video are the ones that are working on his installation and on mine not.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I tried to reply by email. Please try using one way next time to solve this: Here is my reply from email:

Could be a proxy issue of if you are sure the proxy and the website
    works, it might be too many threads or a to low timeout value. Also
    check firewall and anti virus that they do not block you.

Also keep in mind that the older the list is, the more sites in it do
    not work. Thats just natural because sites come and go.

• My friend that uses the same list is successfully using the target url's:

Without proxy - I've tried with public and without too, not working.
    Max threads I've used was 100, put it down to 5 the same thing, do not post.
    Timeout value was set to 30, 60, 90 up to 180 the same thing, so not post.

And with firewall and anti virus, just disabled both and still not posting.

The sites are still working on the buddy GSA.

Thanks

• And what do you mean by email? I've received the email notification from you.
    All I was saying with the email thing was that I dont like when people write on forum and to email. Its double work for me as I go through all forum posts and emails every morning (except on weekends).

OK to the problem now. I don't know what issue you have here. But if you retry your tests, do you clear the history of the project's target urls? If not its not done a proper way.

Send me such URL where you think it should post to (your buddys SER did but not yours).
  • Hmm still not following about the email thing, all i did is came here and opened a new thread.

Here is how I clear history of the project

Sorry for causing frustration.

Thanks

it seems to me that there is no dl at all. Something might block SER from accessing the internet. What happens if you click HELP->Check for Updates?
  • It says that the version is up to date.
  • Yup it turns out to be some kind of network problems. GSA SER is posting now.

Thanks
    ahh glad you fingured it out. Anything you can explain so others might fix it if they got it?
  • It's happened again. I actually have this tv cable internet connection as the place, house where I live to no support phone cable net.

I really don't know if that's the problem or not, but what i can do is I am going to a friends house and use his internet connection and see if the same happens.

I actually run this on my own lp.

Will report here but if, as per what I've read that "no engine matches" message means network problem than must be it.

Thanks
  • Ok,

I finally found the fucking problem, and wonder why no one, having this issue, like i was reading threads from januar 2014 did not came up here and say what was the problem.

I don't think you just ditched the GSA SER and moved on. 

Anyway,

It appears that when you edit a project - data project, under Options tab => Filer URL's section, if you have unckecked all boxes under "Type of backlinks to create" it wont post a shit. 

The same equals for everything you get engine do not match.

I had problem with posting to target URL's.

Thanks
  • Confirmed 2nd time, Sven mark this as solved.

Thanks
    oh yea of course unchecking all link types will of course result in nothing to post. maybe i should ad a notice popup when someone does such a mistake.
  • yeah, or too many options to recall on problems :D

Anyhow working now everything good.

Thanks