Skip to content

Indexing Test?

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
edited January 2013 in Need Help
Has anyone done any indexing tests using the paid services/GSA SEO Indexer vs. just pinging?

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

I use lindexed with the API key. It definitely helps because it has a 100% crawl rate with the google bots, and that's the first step in indexing. Then after a few weeks I throw it into GSA Indexer, and then when I feel motivated, a large scrapebox run.

As far as tests, that is an extremely difficult thing to answer because as you know indexing occurs naturally over weeks and months. So you need to factor that out somehow, and it isn't very scientific, because the results are convoluted.

I can tell you for a fact that two weeks ago I ran a file of about 10,000 through SEO Indexer, and within 3 days, 25% were indexed. Now that is a short timespan in which to measure indexing, but I can tell you that 0% to 25% in three days is outstanding. I didn't follow up after that because checking on the indexing again on a list that big is a pain in the butt.

• I have a quick question, i check with scrapebox and i have 65 links indexed from 1 random test project, but when i check in majestic or ahref none of those links are there yet.... is there a time between indexing and getting count as backlinks? @ron can you answer this?
  • Forget abut majesticSEO, if links are indexed in google it means that big brother has seen them
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Thanks @ron!

@rodol Majestic and Google have two different bots.  Google is more important but Majestic will make you feel better.
  • on the same note of indexing how are you guys finding if your links are indexed / websites ranking in bing / yahoo?  i've been fairly manual and aggressive with my indexing using GSA indexer and lindexed like @Ron and seeing decent results.

but i've found my sites are moving up in serps in google but my money sites is not even indexed in yahoo!  is anyone else experiencing this as well?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I don't even track Bing or Yahoo anymore.  G has so much of the market share that the others are literally insignificant.  I have a few sites that rank #1 in all three engines...from G I'll get 300-500 uniques while B/Y send 2-10 in the same time period.
  • Do you index EVERY tier or only the importan ones?

@Brandon....... In the past years I never looked at anything besides G...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

@sonic81 - Bing and Yahoo favor older more established sites. So you can be at the top in Google for a very competitive phrase with high volume, but if your site is <1 year old or thereabouts, you won't see the good rankings in Bing Yahoo. Bing Yahoo also loves a ton of links direct to the moneysite, but if you do that, you will tank in Google. Like @Brandon, I don't check Bing Yahoo anymore. 

@thisisalex - Your priority should be tier 1, but you do want to make the effort for lower tiers. It does pay off. 

• @ron, when you use GSA SEO indexer are you using the full indexer or quick indexer? how many thread are you running?

THX
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I'm doing the full indexer. Like @LeeG, I like the word maximum :). It's not using my threads, and it doesn't use proxies. But it uses the same internet connection.
  • i set all the indexer to quick indexing.. thanks for clarify...