Skip to content

On VPS which Windows to choose for SER and CB? URGENT!

edited November 2015 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
Hi need to get VPS so which Windows is best suited to SER & CB? Windows server 2008 or 2012?

Comments

• Ive been using greencloud vps services- they have some sweet deals on right now for bf and cyber monday.

• Ok but my question is which Windows server to choose: 2008 or 2012 R2? On which Gsa ser&cb works better?
  • probably better question for @sven

• You can email Nugyen at greencloud vps, he will respond immediately and tell you which one would be better.
  • I will go for SolidSeoVps using them almost one year, but need one more VPS only to run GSA ser&cb so before i buy want to ask someone here who have experience with this?
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    good luck guys signing up with resellers.
  • so what you can recommend me to do?
    @spawn

You can get a dedicated cheaper or at the price of a vps that's sold here and blackhatworld.

You can google dedicated providers. compare pricing and look up reviews.

VPS sellers here are mostly selling off virtual servers from major French and German providers.

I bought my first windows server off a online.net reseller, so no thanks anymore.
  • Windows 2012 runs smoother, but it depends on how many threads you intend running, as GSA can eat resources as its going out of fashion!
    You dont need a lot of ram, instead you need a lot of cpu speed.

I was runinng gsa on 600 threads on a 8 cores 16ghz vps, cpu was always at 90%, avg 100+ lpm all time, doing scraping and verification, not much tweaking done to engine lists.

If you intend pushing it you might look out for some nice multi core cpus.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    i had 3 vps's from solid...now have 3 dedis...been with them for a few years...all good
  • Use Windows server 2012 runs smooth and also u get better graphics for scrapebox
    there's really no decisive case study which I've seen for which are better for running desktop apps like SER,CB and SB.

Win 8 and srv 12 has a newer kernel, so might be somewhat faster. I just hate the looks and the start menu in general.
  • I recently moved to some dedicated server and only i can say that for a half price of some VPS i got much better performance. Now i can run GSA ser on 600-800 treads without any problems. I`m using both version of win server 2008r2 and 2012r2 both data center. I own 2 liceses for all gsa product and while testing i see that GSA ser runs little bettter on Win server 2008r2.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    i hhave a few dedi's...some with 2008 and some with 2012..cant say i notice a difference...