Skip to content

Small Improvements - CTRL+A and Warning Limit Removed

edited January 2013 in Feature Requests
Enable Control + A in Project Data - X Use Secondary Anchor Text (I Can only right click an select "all"

Remove "more than xxx Threads Warning Popup" in Settings - Threads To use..

I am tweaking thread count several times daily, and this pop up SUCKS!!!!
Write the warning in Bold or red bold text below...

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What about the one with "PR for Page" - everytime you rotate through PR options you get this popup! 
  • What about the Content of "Description 250 bla bla" is too long....  i have some projects where this is too long the 250 and the 450, sometimes the polish and german together or the english one.... 
    Please @sven insert a box we can select that says Remember this Option in the popup, so i can click ignore in peace.
  • +1 for rodol too
  • @thisisalex uh oh, look at what you've started lol.

I have my thread count set to 800. Each time i start the program, before the main screen appears, i'm greeted with:

---------------------------
    GSA Search Engine Ranker v5.03
    It`s not recommended to use more than 100 threads.

You however want to use 800 threads which

might sooner or later lead to problems with memory usage.

Please lower the threads again if you get exceptions or see projects stopping.
    OK   

When you first make this change, it's a nice notification. But after seeing this for months, and every time you load the program, it gets a bit much.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

next version:

- "description to long" warning removed (as content gets cut anyway)

- message for to high threads replaced with a label

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Also - is there a possibility to disable the popup you get everytime you try and exit a project where you are using both site lists and SE and keywords. I use site lists, but also want it to find niche related targets, but it keeps warning me that using site lists, it may not be connected. This happens on every single project. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited January 2013
    That stays in...every suspicious setting warning is in place, else people get confused again why there results are not as good.
  • Thanks @sven, the description popup was soo annoying
  • that was so fast............. popup killed this update!!