Skip to content

what am I doing wrong?

This program is making me feel like a moron heh...ive purchase lists, scraped lists, read probably 100 tutorials on gsa settings and verified list building...ive tried with private proxies, without, both...ive tried 4 different captcha outfits including gsa's...and countless other tweaks and trials...

I'm trying to build contextual links both do and dont follow...preferably on sites in English...ive selected all of the contextual engines and let GSA do its thing on many many lists...all i come up with are a F* ton of redirects (contextual?) and profiles...there are a few guestbook and blog comments mixed in but only on sites with 10's of thousands of outgoing links already...

Am I doing something wrong or am I just too late to the GSA party?  If there were some comments to go a long with all the damn profiles, Id be golden.  As far as I can tell GSA isnt even attempting to comment, only make the profiles...

I'm hoping someone bitch slaps me and calls me an idiot, as long as they tell me how to do it right.

thanks a lot

Comments

• we have all been there at one time or another! When you mention contextual links, what are you targeting? Articles, or just any link on any platform that provides contextual linking? If it is primarily articles, you will come up short as GSA SER is not a great tool for that. It is without peer though for taking a well scraped list, private proxies, and going on full blast. Especially for upper tiers.
    For Tier 1 I use FCS. Works pretty good. Not great, but it is the best I can find right now for web 2.0's. I use it for Tier 1 and Tier 2, then GSA on full blast at Tier 3. The advantage there is you own your first two tiers.
    Not sure if that helps you but maybe a different perspective. Good luck.
  • Go to the project options tab scroll down to 'where to post' and check only the top three article types, and also 'forum post'. 

That should take care of your profile problem, but you also need to check the right engines to post to, so that you aren't getting things like redirects.

• RichJGSARichJGSA USA
    edited November 2015
    Hey Viking,
    I really appreciate the response.  I build t1s and t2s manually but was hoping to automate some of the t2s process with some non web20 contextuals.  I've manages a decent size verified list in GSA, just no contextuals I would consider worth using even on my t2s.

When i let gsa post to a site more than once, it just keeps creating more profiles.  Is there any way to get GSA to make comments with those profiles?  Are the links in profiles worth using for t2s pointing at t1 web20s?  I cant imagine too many of these would appear "natural."

@2Take2
    thank you as well for the help.  If you are referring to the "types of backlinks to create" I have them all checked except for forum post bc GSA told me it would piss people off.  I was hoping to just comment on others posts, not create a million threads.  Does this option also comment on others threads? Also, I have all contextual engines selected, but recently deselected url shorteners bc they were more than half my verified list.

thanks again guys for holding the newbies hand...
  • that is the magical question. what is 'natural' looking in G's eyes? I hardly ever worry about that though. My Tier 1 level is pretty solid so it would take most of any algo penalty, rather than my money site. Plus I have a well aged PBN giving me plenty of juice. I think throwing a lot of diversity at upper tiers make sense, especially if it well balanced (not all one type of platform). But does it matter? I spend a lot of time watching my links and the link profile they generate, and then diluting any keywords that get too high a profile. Seems to work for me so far. 

also agree with @2Take2 managing GSA on the front end keeps a lot of issues from developing.
  • Yes, sorry, I meant the 'type of backlinks to create' section.

Assuming you just want to post articles, then just check the top 3 checkboxes (Anchor text, Article, Article wiki). Then just select the engines in the 'where to submit' section that will create those types of posts. You're looking for engines that fall within 'Article', 'social network' and possibly also 'wiki' categories, but you'll need to figure out which one's will do what you want best.

I'm not sure whether 'forum post' will also comment on other peoples threads, although I think it does both, depending on which forum engine(s) you've selected. I'm not sure?

Either way, you're better off creating your own forum threads (if that's what you want to do) as you can fill in the fields in the project data tab in such a way that you'll get your keywords in the title and possibly URL, which is obviously better for seo. You also need to add your article to the forum post field, otherwise it'll just post a 'me too, glad to be here' type post, not your article.

• thanks a ton guys...you've definitely put me on a more productive path...just needed to climb my ass out of the box and think on it a bit...gl