Skip to content

Platform Identifer monitor doesn't detect new files once the project started running

Platform Identifer doesn't detect new files once a project started running. I have a directory setup for monitoring and check-in interval at 1024 secs.

The project has been running for hours while I put new files into the monitor directory. The processed URL count hasn't changed.

It seems once the project has started it will only detect if a previously existing file has changed.

Will there be an update to detect for new files?

thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Make sure the software that's creating the URL's doesn't lock the file while its writing to it. Also, the monitor option can't go x levels deep, the files have to be in top directory.

If that's not it and you're running on a VPS, maybe you can PM and take a look at the settings.
  • I'm manually placing text files into the top directory. 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Can you turn the check in interval lower? Something like 10-20 seconds and then give it a test? I've just tested on my side with a fresh campaign and let it finish the first file, then i dropped a new one into the folder and within a few seconds it was pulling in the new files, tried it multiple times and it seems to be detecting them fine. Try dropping the check in interval and test.