Skip to content

Split and import my URLs over many projects?

shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
Afternoon guys,

I am looking for a way to split and import my target URLs from either file or clipboard as my FCS imports per project are getting close to the 2000 mark per site now. I want to break it down into groups of 50 urls per project.

Essentially it is the exact same as right clicking a project ->Modify Project -> Import -> Email Accounts -> File/Clipboard.

That gives you the option to Split and import email addresses per project with the additional option to delete the current email addresses.

Does anyone know how to do this same thing but with URLs as clicking the URL option will only import them it does not actually split them.

@Sven if there is no way to currently do this is there any chance it could be implemented? With the option to delete the current URL inclused as it would speed thing up massively for myself and i'm sure other people. The option to delete the current URL would help as I could just make a single project from a template and then duplicate that project however many times I need it and then mass delete the template URL and import the ones I need.

Cheers guys

Shaun

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    then why don't you let it use site lists and import your urls to site lists? In project options you set it to pause or stop at XYZ verifications. Would have the same effect.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    @sven thank you for the fast reply.

I maybe confused or may not have made myself clear but I mean to import URLs that I want SER to build links to. From my limited experience with site lists that would import target urls for SER to build links on.

Say I want to import 2000 urls made by FCS Networker into SER so SER can build out a T3. I want to make 40 projects in SER, each with 50 urls from the FCS Networker batch. I currently I would make an initial project do the settings how I want them and duplicate it a further 40 times. I would then select all projects and import the require number of email accounts I want each to have using the path I described in my initial post so it splits them and imports to all projects quickly without me needing to go in and add emails to each project one by one.

Currently I now have to go into each project one by one and add a batch of FCS networker URLs to each one. What I would like to be able to do is keep the projects selected like I did for the email import and import a single file or clipboard of the whole 2000 FCS networker urls and have SER split the URLs by itself as it did for the emails into batches of 50 across the 40 projects.
    Why importing FCS urls when you have an option with external api to let SER import them? I don't see a use in this scenario. FCS URLs to one project should be related to one niche anyway or not? Why several projects then? Maybe someone else can jump in and explain?
    The external AIP is pointless, nothing to do with the GSA end its the way FCS works. Out of any given campaign only around 30-40% of the URLs will stick due to various reasons so I don't want SER wasting server resources/indexing credits building links to the other 60-70% of FCS links that never existed/will die within a few days.

I export the FCS networker links to Scrapebox, check they are alive and then check the do follow ones. After a week I recheck them to see whats alive and those are my keepers and I put them into SER to build out a T3.

The links are all related to one niche, I have tried putting all 2000 FCS links into one SER campaign and trying to get it to build 5 urls to each link per day but SER seemed to get clogged up with this volume of links and only builds around 300 URLs total per day instead of around 10,000 like it should. I broke this FCS link batch down to groups of 50 urls per campaign and made 40 campaigns, let them run over night and SER has build around the expected 10,000 URLs with no problems spread over all the campaigns.

Those results suggest with FCS links in that volume it is easier for SER to work if you break down the link batches into more manageable link sets. and make one dedicated project for each.

I will do further testing today and tonight and see if the results remain the same.

edited November 2015
    Ran some testing over night again and the results are in the images below. The only difference between the projects is the one in the upper image has around 1700 urls in one project that SER should be building links for. The image below shows projects that have the same 1700 urls broken down into smaller batches.

As you can see the project with the 1700 urls fails massively and comes no where near building required urls but splitting the urls down into smaller projects works fine. My suggestion would just allow the user to perform the action of splitting the urls down into smaller batches much quicker.

next version allows you to import URLs over popup menu the same way as you can do now for e.mails.
    Awsome Cheers :)