Skip to content

Is there any way to edit an article posted by GSA after verification?

2nd part to the question.  Several articles are posting with about 5 random characters in place of apostrophes and quotation marks.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?

searched for half an hour and couldnt find any reference.  apologies if Q has been answered already.

thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. only if you login manually or delete the articles and submit again using the "Active (Remove links)" status.

I don'T get the second part of your question. Why would SER post anything else than the content you entered in the project? Please show a sample.

• right, how do I log in manually?  where can I find the user/password that ser set up for that particular site?

examples of jumbled text:
    Prang's = Prang’s
    wasn't = wasn\'t
    New Year to You." = New Year to You.\"

only happens in a handful of articles, but its an obvious "tell" imo that something automated is going on.

thanks for the quick reply!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

right click on project->show urls->verified urls->export->you got login/password there. Elso when exporting accounts being in editor of the project

---

Do you see that on special engines or on all? Because \' and \" sounds like a engine issue.

• most of my article verifications are joomla...that is the only place I have seen this error, but its only on very few...i figured it was a plain text format issue, not gsa...i was just wondering if anyone else had noticed it and if they knew how to prevent it...

its so infrequent that its not a big deal fixing it manually...thanks very much for the help