Skip to content

What does "Use Global Site List Only" do exactly?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Does ist try to to post to: verfied, submitted and identified?

Does it override the project setting "use URLs from global site list if enabled" X verified?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    "use URLs from global site list if enabled" - this is setting to use global lists. If it's not enabled, it won't use them. As for first question, it's in FAQ. 
  • dann zeig mir wo, da steht nix.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @thisisalex - sorry. That is true. It's just been so often that I'm sure it was there.
    @sven - I think this should be added to the FAQ. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Regarding first question, yes it takes it from whichever ones you have enabled in "use global site lists". I think it loads a random 300 with each go. 
  • So if I have in a project only verified, it will only look after verified? If I have identifierd, submitted it will look into them?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What is the question, they seem to be 2 questions in one? Yes, if you only select verified global list it will only use URL's from that list. BUT remember that the entries in submitted will be in identified, and verified will be in both submitted and identified. 
  • @GlobalGoogler - Wait, are you saying URLs in the Verified folder are both URLs from both the Identified folder and Submitted folder combined? What if an identified site wasn't able to be submitted to? How would that end up in the Verified folder?

I thought it was more of a progression ->
    Step 1. identify URLs for SER platform if identified URL is added to Identify folder
    Step 2. Try to submit if successful, URL is then added to Submitted folder
    Step 3. Verify if submission is active, if so URL is added to Verified folder

• your 3 steps are correct, but the URL are NOT REMOVED from the previous list, if a URL get identified, submitted and verified that URL is in 3 list AND before you ask, when you remove duplicates SER remove duplicates PER list.

Thats why you should use successful or verified list only and maybe mixed, using identified list its not smart, i don't even save that list.