Skip to content

"Pause project after X submissions" setting not being followed

I set the project to pause after 1 (+/- 1) submissions

But over 200 submissions were made, and I got over 10 verified links for one URL. I have added the URL into the project's URL list, and after that this crazy amount of links was submitted.

This also happened several times in the past - I set the project to create links slowly (10 submissions per day), but got 50 or 100 verified links in one day.
Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Same thing just happened in another project..
    @Sven
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    how many URLs you have in that project data field?
  • Pause project for x number per day rather than x number per 288 mins
  • @Sven - had there 2 URLs, added third and then the problem happened.
    In the other project, there were 14 URLs
    please note that this is multiplied by 3 then as you use "per URL" and that not every submission is counted...just those with a link submission in it (no account creation).
  • @Sven, I set it to Pause the project after 1 (+/- 1) submissions for 288 minutes, I got over 200 submissions and over 10 verified links per URL in about 5 minutes. Then I stopped the project manually..
    well those verifications are happening all the time. If a link was placed in the past, SER is always verifying that as it's already live.
  • @Sven, I believe there is some bug, because I'm getting more links being created than I set it to, please see my settings:

And see how many links am I getting:

How can I set SER to create only 5 links daily on average?
    Thanks..
    You set it to "pause after XYZ submitted". Change this to "verified"
  • edited December 2015
    @Sven, I have changed it, but my settings are being ignored by the program:

well a verification means that it is previously submitted. SER does not know when the link goes live. Some are moderated.
  • Hi. I think what happened is something like this:

- Your list is good, SER got many submitted link in short time, if your threads is high, it will be even more.
    - Then it takes time before any link goes live and verified by SER, involving email verification, moderation etc. Until then, SER will keep submitting links which in the end resulting more verified than the setting. It's normal.

Regarding the "Submissions For" setting looked like being ignored, I guess it much down to your threads setting multiplying it to how many URLs you have in the project because you check the "per URL".

So for slow link building, it's better to use minimum/low threads

• @Sven - how can I set up SER so that I'll get only get one link a day?
    wow thats a hard limit. You can do that by using 1 thread + submit 1 link and pause like 10 mins. in options you set verification to also 1min and set it to remove links after 1st verify.
  • @Sven, but I wanna keep 1000 threads because I need to build tons of links on other projects. But for this particular project I wanna keep links to about 1 per day. How can I do that?
    Then your out of luck I would say.