Skip to content

No backlinks to number 1 keyword/competitor

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi guys :) I have been analysing my competitors. I have found a handful of short-tail (medium tail maybe? :) ) keywords that I think will convert well for me. As of now I am on page 3, with no backlinks/new site. But I have checked for backlinks on top 4 results on page 1:

1st - 0 backlinks, PR4 main domain
2nd - 1 backlink PR3 main domain
3rd  2 backlinks PR3 main domain
4th  - 0 backlinks PR2 main domain

If PR isn't so important now, I am wondering why the site in first place is there. And do you think it is realistic to expect to be in number 1 if I do a careful tiered campaign with GSA? That's what I'm aiming for anyway :)

Comments

• You are looking at the backlinks to that page right? They probably have a shitload of backlinks to their domain in general. Like amazon.com is able to rank product pages with 0 backlinks simply because they have millions of backlinks to their domain.

But anyway if the first 4 all have <3 backlinks it should be really easy to rank #1. How much exact searches the kw gets per month?
  • probably hidden 301's etc. If you look at some very competitive terms, you'll see many sites ranking in the top 3 positions which have barely, if any backlinks at all.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited January 2013
    The keyword has the following:

Low
    p/m From the Adwords tools. Yes the backlinks to the page