Skip to content

Self hosted emails?

Is it possible to use the emails I create on my web server?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You mean catchall emails? Sure, catchalls should work great. If you're using a hosting service, you might want to check what restrictions they have since some don't allow it. If you're setting up catchall on your own server, then you should be good if you know how to setup and configure all of that. :)
  • edited August 2015
    @s4ant0s If you could help me setup gsa for catchall it would be much appreciated. I have bluehost and i can't seem to get my emails to authenticate. 

I've tried using my server's IP and my domain mail.domain.com port 110

I've looked around for some email creators as well, but a lot of the ones I've come across either don't work well or aren't supported well.

I know my outlook connects using port 993 and SSL, but when I try that I get this error:

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Hmm, interesting. With the catchalls I'm using I see the port is 110, SSL is off and they are in mail.domain.com format. These are catchall provided by a service provider here on the forum though. SS: http://i.imgur.com/eoWPeBa.png

You don't have it set to use proxies for email checking in the proxy settings do you? 

I noticed on a very old forum post that catchalls aren't allowed on bluehost. These posts are very old but I'm wondering if its still not allowed with Bluehost.

I'm not sure if you've tried looking through some of the settings there. Otherwise, if they have some kind of live chat support you might ask them what port, domain, etc should be used for pop 3. Obviously you wouldn't want to mention its for mass link building though :P

You might be better of using a service (if its in your budget) or finding a provider that doesn't mind that kinda thing. That might be pretty hard to find though. 
  • I got catchall working with one of my other hosting servers thanks. If you could recommend a good auto creator I'd still be interested =D