Skip to content

Global List + Search Engines

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Apologies if this hasbeen asked before but I just spent 20 minutes searching threads to try to find a detailed answer and I came up short.

When you select use global lists in the options field of each project, is there any documentation anywhere which details exactly how does it work and when it finishes with the global list and use search engines?

I.e. if you have a global list of say 30k, will it try to post to all those sites before using search engines?  I recall reading from a thread somewhere 300 links are pulled at random from the global list, how does this work?

when does it finish with the global list and switch to search engines?

thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It uses search engines all the time, just when it does not have any targets (all parsed/posted/no more results), it uses the global site list to keep all threads busy.
  • @sven.  thanks for your response.  do you mind explaining the search engine part, how does it determine when it doesn't have any targets?

i would have tought it would keep retrying all the time and u can never have any search engine targets right?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If it waits between search engine queries like 60 seconds and during that time it parsed/posted all the results...it gets the sites from global site list.