Skip to content

How to clear the PR cache in GSA ser

Currently I am using PRJacker to filter domain with TF/CF, it works every well for new domain.
But In some case, GSA ser use the "existing" PR rather than the PR returned by PRJacker.
I think this is caused by the PR of the domain was "remmembered" by GSA ser during the previous campaign?
If so, how can clear the PR cache in GSA ser? I want all PR are calculated by PRJacker.

Thank you.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The PR is only saved in site lists when having the option turned on to
    do so (options->advanced->save PR...). There is also a button to cut the
    PR of the site lists again.
  • sashiloversashilover China
    edited July 2015
    Hi Sven,
    I never enable the "Save PR with URLs" option.
    Also, I tried to click the right button "Remove" to clear the PR for URL list, but the issue STILL exists.
    I also delete the URL cache/history.
    GSA ser show the PR value that never should be returned by PRJacker.
    P.S, In PRJacker, the PR value that would be returned is either 0,1 or 2, but in GSA, I can see PR - 3, PR-4, etc. in the log.
  • empteeemptee http://prjacker.com
    Hi Sven,

PR is stored in the project too - this can be verified by moving a project from one SER installation to a fresh one, then checking, for example, the verified list (which shows the PR values).

Further to this, if two projects share a url/subdomain/domain. let's say, example.com - if a PR update is requested form the first project (Show URLS -> Verified -> PR Update), then again from the second project, PR will only be requested the first time.. This aligns with what I see flying through from SER - PR only seems to be requested once, even when multiple projects are sharing the same small list..

Are you able to clarify the PR caching behavior of SER? I haven't been quite able to figure out any concrete rules as to when SER will/will not decide to request/update PR for a subdomain/url :)

Cheers,
    Michael
    May I asked how this PR is returned by PRJacker? Is it simulating the google-api on a host redirect?
  • empteeemptee http://prjacker.com
    Hi Sven,

Yea spot on - which also means that SER can't access the Google API at all either, so it's fairly safe to say it's cached somewhere.. does SER look through other projects submitted/verified lists for PR before making a request...?

Cheers,
    Michael
  • Question regarding PRJ- I've noticed quite a number of web 2.0, such as Rebelmouse produced by SerEngines, come up as a pr of ? however they are still useful, so is it best to just leave the filter for pr of ? off?
    There is a global cache of PR but that one is empty when you start/restart SER. The only PR it saves is indeed in submitted/verified URLs. So on a clean project, it should not know any PR.
  • Sven, I checked the .success file of my project, it does save the old PR value, do I have to remove the .success file in order to clean up the PR cache?
    I created a clear project from beginning, it seems SER still use the old PR value.
    Please confirm this.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Well the PR from the Success is used when SER uses there sites for further submissions like in scheduled posting and take accounts from there to create new posts to existing accounts.
  • Sven, you haven't answered my question, I am asking how to clean the PR cache for my further campaign?
    Please provide the steps as detailed as possible.
    Thanks.
    And you haven't read my answer to this!? There is no cache other than what I have written. The success files are not shared by projects.