Skip to content

Memory Leak? GSA Froze on VPS overnight.

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Just noticing on this version that the memory usage slowly creeps up and up over time.

I am running on scheduler 5 projects at 30 minutes each.

What does GSA hold in memory that would cause it to creep up like that.

I ask as for the first time last night GSA froze and was left all night locked up till discovered until morning on my VPS.

I am wondering if there is a need for an external program to shut it down and reboot it daily every 6 hours or so?

@LeeG how do you work with such things?
I know you are on a VPS and have had freezes as well.
What tools do you use for rebooting a program at specific times to get around freeze issues?

Tagged:

Comments

• Do you use Public proxies ? I noticed that latest version of GSA SER is always freezing when I use public proxies on high thread count. When I use private proxies it works ok. I'm not sure something is wrong with SER maybe it's an issue at my end.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

When I reboot, I stop ser, followed by indexer and when its finished stopping, cb

Reboot the vps, have a smoke while that happens and then start everything again.

Dont ask why, but I always reboot after every update. For some reason, there seems to be more of a kick added to any updates that way

I have reported a bug today, which has caused ser to hang on stopping

Luckily its not one of my bug reports that happens once in 50k submissions

• @LeeG

Good to know. I will try this.
  • Hi Mamadou, no I am on 60 private proxies. I might have to just monitor it a bit closer and reboot manually like you are doing LeeG. Thanks