Skip to content

Reducing RAM & Sharing Articles

Instead of importing e.g. 250x of the same spun articles into each tier within a 4tier + subtier projects is there an easy way for the project to just pull an article out of a directory? I can only assume having 2000 articles (8x250) held in GSA is probably increasing the RAM usage a lot? 
So just in every project under the article it would pull RANDOM already spun article from the 250 available in  %dir% ?
Would this even decrease RAM usage at all? I'm curious what are the best ways to reduce ram usage, with the exception of scheduling projects, deduping files etc?

Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Yes, using a macro to pull content would be better than loading it all into SER. You can see the different macro's here: http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/macro_guide

spinfolder, spinfile, etc.
  • DaveDave United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply S4nt0s, I read through the article previously but couldn't really find a definitive way of how it would be setup, for example is it possible with a macro to pull the first line of the text file and use it as the title, rather than using a generic titlespun macro with keywords.
    I figure i could have a different folder for "...\article_titles\%" but I would have to manually split all the articles up to do this?

My understanding of it would be as follow as a setup:
    Just unsure really what to put in the title box, barring a completely seperate folder for titles only and using a similar macro to whats in the body section.

Thanks
    edited July 2015
    Hmm, you could probably try the macro: %first_sentence-<varname>% to grab the first sentence from the files

Example: %first_sentence-C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Articles%

The folder "Articles" on my desktop contains the article .txt files.

That should grab the first sentence from the .txt files in the folder. 
    Almost but it didn't seem to play ball, as in the articles the first line was the title, and the second was the entire article, I ended up doing some macros with N++ and just split them, slightly time consuming but the macros saved a lot of it.
    Any chance of a macro for %first_line-C:\etc\etc\articles\% for pulling a title @sven ?
    Hmm, ya @sven could answer this better than me. 

I usually have mine split up like title1.txt, title2.txt + body1.txt, body2.txt and it automatically matches the  proper title with the article if you name them like that. :/

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Try %first_sentence-c:\....%
    @sven i did as santos also suggested it, but the output was.. how to explain it.. scrambled sort of, sometimes it would just output like 3 words or half of a sentence that made no sense like it had been cut off imdway- bearing in mind the article title spin is huge with tons of variations, although its "1 line" its probably 50+ lines or more in a standard notepad document of a heavily spun title
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It is first unspinning the content and then it takes the first sentence from it. This however should have only a certain length. Else it is cut.