Skip to content

Paused Projects RAM Usage?

Due to the fact that I dupe each project 10 times to maximize the amount of links being created(improves LPM/VPM quite a bit).
I've discovered that now that I have 9 groups of 10 projects each, after each group finishes their daily verifications and change status into Active(P) they keep using quite a bit of RAM.

What's basically happening is I might have 10 projects that are actually Active but there's another 80 that's on Active(P) and they take up such a significant amount of RAM that my VPM would go from a typical 100 that I would have if I had the other 80 disabled to 30(VPM).
Essentially what's happening is:
Scenario A: 90 Projects, 10 Active, 80 Active(P), 30 VPM
Scenario B: 10 Projects, 10 Active, 0 Paused, 100 VPM
I found that this is happening because I have it set to decrease threads if memory usage exceeds 2500 MB, so it happens that in Scenario A, so much RAM is being taken up by the paused projects, that the 10 projects that are actually running don't have enough RAM to work with without being throttled by the auto decrease setting so # of threads is throttled and VPM plummets.

But then, I get the out of memory error quite a bit if I turn off auto decrease threads if RAM goes over 2500 MB so I'm at a crossroads >< Not sure how to approach this so that I can limit daily submissions and have it pause automatically but NOT take up such a significant amount of RAM while paused.
Perhaps this should be a feature request for a change in the pause per submission system?

Also, when GSA is working with a site list, is it going in a random order?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

The memory can not really be lowered when the project in in Active (P) mode. BEcause it has still toverify links and do other tasks. MAybe I can tweak a little here and there but thats not getting you a lot more RAM.

>Also, when GSA is working with a site list, is it going in a random order?

yes

• edited July 2015
    Is there a way then to create another type of pause where it doesn't reverify and acts almost like being inactive except it will create a certain amount of submissions/verifications every certain period of time?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm then you can as well use the option to stop projects and not pause them.
  • edited July 2015
    That option doesn't allow it to restart though :/ My goal is to be making 1000 submissions/verifications a day but then the project actually completely stops while it's paused , then restarts after the set time frame.