Skip to content

High CPU Usage (Non VPS , I7, 16 GB RAM, 400MBPS Connection)

edited June 2015 in Bugs
Hi There,

i had very high CPU usage up to 80-100%! 

I install GSA on my spare computer the spec is as follow:

I7 860 2.8GHZ
16 GB DDR3 1333MHZ
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
128GB SSD <--Bootup
500GB HDD <--GSA & CB Install here
Win 7 64 bit Installed

400MBPS Connection <- Yes 400 MBPS, not 4 MBPS. 

Running: GSA SER and GSA CB only.

Initial Set thread 300 and decrease after 75% , but it's keep go up to 80-100% at times

I got fed up , and set to 150 Thread and 30% , but doesn't change the fact. It's still go up to 88% - 96% at times. Why can't GSA SER stay below 30-50%?

Current active project : 2
Running Public and Private proxies. 
I am taking list from dropbox (Paid Subscription, Not scraping at all) 
It's not eating up my ram. but eating up my CPU  a lot.
I plan to run imarco and some other script on it, but GSA SER it's freezing my computer at times. 
Sometime it's go up and sometime it's go down. Can go as low as 2%.. 

I am not using my CPU to run any other things, chrome/skype is off. The computer only run GSA CB and SER. I close most background application

Any fix please? I had gsa on another i5 computer and it's seem to run more better eaitng less CPU. With more project and skype running. Funny. image

Comments

• andrzejekandrzejek Polska
    edited June 2015
    Depends on engines you are using in projects, how you import lists, how you fill articles / comment / guestbook fields. What are your project settings, how many captcha breaker retries u got ?
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited June 2015
    It is really hard to tell what could be the problem, it could be your project filters or could be GSA ser settings. Take a look at this post: http://asiavirtualsolutions.com/10-things-your-mom-never-told-you-about-gsa-search-engine-ranker/   skip down to Important setting and see the suggestions. One thing i can see is that u are checking PR and using proxies for Email -- none of those are needed.

Also make sure to clean up your list - remove dup domains, and then also right click on the project  \ modify  == delete unused accounts.

If you are running tiered projects make sure you re-verify verified links and delete the failed ones.

• gsasupporter 
    having the same problem since the new version releases..

• I using WAC to fill article / comment / guestbook, only 2 retry on CB. 
    I didnt set any filter on my setitng. 

i used loopline autoapprove list, meaning he will sort and check before putting into dropbox.  Meaning my list is always clean and fast. He will clean up daily and update in the folder , which we stream from it. 

No, there is no tier project. 
  • @sven Please Assist?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't know how to assist. I would need a project backup to see what causes the high cpu usage.
  • I think it is fixed in this version,the CPU usage is now low for me.What about yours?
  • it's still goes on random.. high and low..  someone mention removed proxies for checking PR and Email .. i removed them still the same. 

@sven how can i send u the log? 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    in pm
  • Dropbox also eat cpu time for syncing, maybe. ..