Skip to content

Why Are My Tiered Links Not Working?

I'm kind of embarrassed to start this thread.

I bought GSA over a
year ago and only recently started working on IM full time as I was
busy in a job before. After reading a lot of methods and materials and
having bought Kontent Machine and Captcha Breaker at the same time as
GSA I felt I was ready. I've been kind of 'on and off' in the IM game
for a while and it seems the methods I used are always a year old and
just not working anymore.

Anyway so right now my method is using
Kontent Machine for content and I'll make sure to have 100 spun articles
imported betweeen my three tiers everyday. My three tiers are all
contextual article or wiki sites (mostly article) then I have the
'kitchen sink' blog comments + everything else blasting to all three
tiers.

All my three tiers are using target URL's with good Ahrefs
metrics, I painstakingly went through a big list to filter out the
better ones. I've split the list I eventually had between the three
tiers.

My money site's Domain Authority and Page Authority have
both increased (DA up to 50, PA 30 for homepage). My domains Ahrefs rank
is around 2 million.

And yet my SERPS won't budge. I had some
Google dancing when I first started blasting which put my SERPS up a
little bit but then they dropped back down. Now the interesting thing is
the SERP boost happened when I focused all my blasts (for both
contextual and non-cont) on my existing backlink profile (700 or so
URL's) which were mostly non contextual links.

It's possible that I just need to be patient and should see SERP increases after 5-6 weeks?

But
I'm worried that my site might be under some sort of penalty for spammy
links I blasted to it when I first bought GSA a year ago and just
tested around with it blasting a few 10k's links.

It's really
disheartening because I have put 100's of hours into my strategy and I
can't see a result. I am feeling really desperate now, I am considering
changing my strategy up and using web 2.0 blogs like Wordpress/Blogspot
and some authority pages like Hubpages/Squidoo as tier 1 instead of GSA
then just using GSA for tier2/3.

I hope some people can give me
some good advice. I would appreciate it even more if anyone would be
willing to add me on Skype and chat about linkbuilding with me. It seems
like most people who are ranking successfully don't like to share their
methods.

One thing I will say that may be the problem is the
site is a JV with a friend and he is meant to be doing content but
hasn't added a blog post for months. It's a retail site so it has a lot
of pages but I think having no new content may be causing Google to
dislike the site and not want to crawl it. I check SERPS like a hawk and I noticed there's a site ranking higher than ours for one of the less competitive terms (it's ranked second) and that site has almost no backlinks and much less Ahrefs metrics. So I really feel like our site is a dead duck.

Another strange thing
is the homepage ranks for it's name and nothing else. So perhaps the
site is just a dead duck/sandboxed and impossible to get back? I am
considering forgetting about it and concentrating linkbuilding on a
newer site or I will literally go crazy.

I am one of the most
unlucky people in SEO, been doing it on and off since 2007 mostly off
but I have had so many bad experiences.

Hope people can give me advice on what the solution is or if anyone is willing I can add them on Skype. Funny thing is I am doing everything that seems to be considered the most effective method according to some experts like Jacob King. But then I've spoken to a person who said they use high PR profiles (that's spammy profiles on high PR sites).

Also after looking through some of the contextual target sites I'm building links on I'm seeing some big name sites literally just making profiles (ie no articles) and the anchor text is just the title of the blog post they are blasting. It's almost like using related keywords as anchor text is useless and using what seems like very spammy anchors (blog post title) actually is working for big sites? I have over 200+ keywords for tier 1 (and 1000's for tier2/3/4) so I have a lot of anchors.

Anyone like to discuss strategies with me? Sorry for the long post it's hard to make it more succint there's just so many issues going through my head.

Comments

• donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    Have you tried other niches? Your strategy might just not work for that niche.
    Next, the keyword research is important, high competitive keywords might not rank with your low quality tired links.
    Then there is possibility that it takes more time.. are your links even getting indexed? There have been stories about an update in June that is causing links to get indexed harder and longer...
    So there are lots of different possibilities why you don't see a serp rise, but for me these seem to be the most obvious ones
  • Something just hit me!

I read through royalmice's (Asia Virtual Solutions) GSA tips and he said that it's well known that using web 2.0's is the best option for tier 1.

This makes so much sense. web 2.0's are like Squidoo/Hubpages right? 'Authority' sites where you can add a page of content.

I just did some more reading and it seems a lot of people are using them for tier 1.

And also it makes sense that there will be 100x less people spamming them as most people don't want to pay the monthly fee for SEREngines. I think this is why my linkbuilding has failed/ not been effective enough, Google is just seeing that the article directories I'm spamming (mostly Joomla) are probably spammed to death so the value of the links on them is rubbish.

The whole point in tier 1 is to have some kind of automated solution which can be hosted on more authoritative/ less spammed sites. So I think this is definitely the solution.
  • donchino thanks for your reply.

The niche is quite competitive but I would expect to at least be able to hit page two with my less quality links.

As I said I think web 2.0's for tier 1 is the way forward. It's what some of the best blackhat linkbuilders have been doing for years with their own scripts or other software. I think having SEREngines and using web 2.0's on tier 1 is the only way forward for any half competitive terms.

What frustrates me about this industry is even some of the very helpful and well known blackhat marketers like Jacob King will write a really good post about tiered links but then not mention web 2.0's when the reality is using article directories for tier 1 just doesn't work anymore and probably stopped working well back in 2013.

I know for a fact a lot of people in this industry a couple of years back went to either web 2.0's or expired domains with metrics for their tier 1's then a lot more just quit IM altogether.

There's something about IM communities where people are unwilling to tell others a 'full' method for linkbuilding that can be both automated and just work. Well I'm sure I have hit the nail on the head wirth my realisation to use web 2.0's as tier 1.

It just makes so much sense because for one you get the authority of the main domain and secondly your content is all hosted on it's own mini-blogs where it's all about the same subject so that blog ends up ranking for long tails in your niche and it's going to be much more authoritative and trusted than a spammy article directory.

I seemed to have answered my own question but it would be nice if others here will confirm what I am saying is the main issue.
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    Web 2.0 for tier 1 is def something to try out. Before you rush to it, read reviews of Serengines, FCS, Rankwyz and Autofill Magic, to see what suits best for you.
  • I've already bought SEREngines but I will check out the others you mentioned. I saw your post in the SEREngines thread it seems you haven't had much luck with them. Rankwyz looks very expensive even though I'm sure it may be much better just not in my budget right now.

If SEREngines isn't being updated everytime it fails to submit to one of it's listed web 2.0's then that is obviously wrong. I'll have to test it and post my results.
  • I've done some reading up. It seems FCS is the best out of those in terms of price and usability and good reviews. But it has a 3000/ month limit for submissions on it's $17/ month package.

I am going to try SEREngines and if it works I'll stick with it if not I may need to switch to FCS which has the benefit of supporting more engines and has Kontent Machine API integration! heh that's nice.
  • I only managed to get 7 platforms to show up with verified links with SEREngine blogs. Another 3 stuck on submitted. 10 total and only 3 successful.

That is terrible. I am going to have to go with the FCS and put some money together for the $30/ month professional package and cancel SEREngines. FCS is a little more expensive and even though they have a smaller 'starter' pack it's only 3000 submissions. I'm sure whatever the case it must be way better than SEREngines, what a dissapointment that was.

It's almost like with SEREngines they are just creaming as much profit as possible and not spending the money on programmers to update their scripts. When in reality it wouldn't be a huge job. Bastards.
  • Kontent Machine however is excellent. Very readable spun content. I was reading through this article I had posted and it looked hand written! I mean sure some of the vocabulary was colourful but there's nothing wrong with that. GSA adds a nice big picture with every post so it looks really natural.
  • @saberu what you are doing is not working in 2015. These SER&tier topic in this forum not working.

It was fine in 12-13 not even in 2014.
    Forget bunch of spam kitchen sink links has 0 value. Waste of time, waste of resource, period.

Don't get me wrong blog comments still works very fine, and i also use pingback, guestbooks and spammy comments only for indexing. I dont use any kind of scraped/spinned content for my t1-t2 links. Google's algorithm is great and getting better everyday.

Now read here carefully, if scraped content is very readable as you wrote that means it is screaming for "hey look! i am a scraped content"

Stop wasting time, go hand build a 3-4 web2.0s try to rank them, if you can't rank them for exact long tail keyword that means your strategy is not working.Check the top pages for your keywords, copy their NOT only backlink strategy but also their content strategy.

SEO has nothing to do with luck, it was never about luck, will never be about it.
    If you are not ranking that means you are doing something wrong. Find it, fix it and you will be ranking.

• I don't agree that scraped content doesn't work but I am starting to think article directories are dead.

Let's face it it's VERY easy to spot a spammy article directory since every post has external links going to all kinds of different topics. All Google needs to do is make content relevant links more important and have an algorithm to spot spammed article directories which includes everything from auto approve to Ezine because even the big powerful article directories are still the same model.

Now I don't think article directory links are completely useless just much less powerful, something good to have in a tier 2 alongside kitchen sink links for indexing.

One thing I don't agree with you on is not using scraped content, I think it's fine to use in tier 2 and as filler in tier 1. But for tier 1 I think any links I do to the money site are going to be long hand written 'quality' articles.
  • It's funny actually I started getting some SERPS when I first started blasting with GSA a couple of months ago but as soon as I started concentrating more on article directories and implimenting tiers SERPS even went down.

In the beginning when I got SERP increases was when I was just blasting all kinds of links to my exported backlink profile which was mostly sites that are not 'article directories' and even though it was mostly non contextual links I think it looked much more natural than article directories. I'm never going to blast an article directory link to money site again as long as I live! But I think they are still useful for indexing tier 2's.
  • What's your on-page SEO like? I'll bet it can be bettered - especially for a retail site, I bet you have duplicate metas. Send me your URL if you like by PM and I'll give you an honest run-down on here of any errors/problems and remedies.