Skip to content

Strip Youtube or Images From Specific Sites

pclwebpclweb UK
edited January 2013 in Feature Requests
Hi @Sven would you be able to add some sort of stripping code to the posting function. Certain webplatforms post the html code to page and not the content. i.e wikis. Or maybe convert the images to wiki image code and just remove the youtube code.

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    images and links are already converted. For the rest you are right. It should get removed. You got a sample where this is not happening?
  • Hi @Sven I've looked through some of my backlinks and have found that mediawiki are not converting images to wiki syntax i.e [[image:test.png]] so is pasting the link code instead.

Also youtube videos aren't being stripped from moinmoin wiki's and is posting the iframe code. Images in moinmoin are also not posting as they post as a link with the <<BR>> tags included.

Thanks again.. :)

-updated the custom img format for media wiki for next version

-the <<BR>> tag is sometimes not properly transformed for some moinmoin sites...i have no clue why...i always thought it's an issue on there site/config. 

-other html tags are removed for next version

• Hi @Sven mediawiki is still posting the image url to the wiki. Think it would be best to strip the complete image code as its not cinverting it.
    well I changed the syntax to legendary (but still supported) code [[image:test.png]]. Some however don'T support that either, but I don't want to remove that completely.