Skip to content

GSA SER - connection problem

When I leave GSA SER running on my VPS, after a few days I get the connection problem below (unable to do any connections in GSA or in the browser running on the VPS). When I stop SER and re-start it again, everything is fine (SER and browser are able to connect).
I never had this problem before, it only started a couple of weeks ago.
@Sven

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Usually a problem with router/too many threads.
  • @Sven, I used to run 2000 threads before with no problems. Now this happens even with 800 threads.
    This seems like a bug - after stopping and starting SER again, it runs OK with the same number of threads. But after a day or two, I get the connection problem again. Can I send a bug report when this happens again?
    yes lets try that...but I haven't changed much that would explain this.
  • OK, thanks. I have sent the bugreport one minute ago
    that bugreport is not of any help...its just SER opened with no threads running!?
  • The problem is that I cannot make any outgoing connections from the VPS when this problem occurs, so I can't even send the bug report.

• I have restarted and was getting this error for a while:

Now it will run OK for couple hours and then back to not being able to make connections..
    This usually points to a memory leak but I have checked this in profilers all the time with no leak at all. Not even a single bit is leaking. So I only guess some kind of monitoring program like firewall/anti virus is collecting data from SER and that is growing and growing and if you quit/restart it also flushes it.
  • Hmm, I don't use antivirus on the VPS, and only use default win firewall. Haven't really changed anything and this problem started out of blue, so I have no clue how to fix it.