Skip to content

GSA SER not shutting down

Hi Guys

I have been having this problem for a long time.

Most of the time when I try to shut down GSA is impossible.

I have to either go to task manager and try to close it from there or just to reboot my PC but sometimes I lose configuration updates in my project when I do that.

Ant way around this?

Thanks

Comments

• donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    I was having such issues only when Ser was using up all VPS resources (RAM, CPU).. in such case the threads didn't want to finish and it was hard to close Ser. Maybe this is the case for you?
  • I don't think thats the case. When GSA SER is running I only see peaks of 60% CPU Usage and 60% memory.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    when you say 60% memory it means what in details (status bar in SER)?
  • In windows task manager, under performance (cpu usage)
  • all your threads have to actually finish before it will shut down. i had this issue in the past. are all your threads completing, and you are still not able to shut it down?
  • I have to pay attention to that to see if that is the problem

Thanks @viking
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @Sven I'm having this trouble too across all of my servers. It's the exact same problem that you and I have discussed in the past and you've always fixed it.

I have 1 or two threads that will never quit. I'm running the scheduler so I'll check the servers once a day and see that they've been sitting there for over 24 hours and 0 links have been built.

Screenshot attached as an example. This morning there were 4 servers like this and it's not the same servers each time.

CB is the only captcha solver? Is it reacting?
  • Same is happening to me but with the pinging

The threads don't end because they stay pinging
    oh well if you also use indexing services, I recommend you to disable the pinging services anyway.
    @sven I have CB and Spamvilla with GSA SEO as the only indexer.

I upgraded most of them to 9.86 and upgraded CB as well. I only noticed it on a single server this morning which is a great improvement!
  • Right now im using 9.83 and i dont see this problem. I saw this problem many times in past and it was because of too many threads. More than 400-500 threads (ie 750-1000 threads) on my side lead to such problems like yours.
    @Sven, happened on a bunch of 9.86 servers over the weekend.

@Satyr85, I haven't changed the number of threads in months. All of my servers are running 500 threads.