Skip to content

Am I ranking the right way?

All right, so I managed to rank one of my posts to page 2-3 using GSA, basically sometimes the page appears at the end of page 2 or at the beginning of page 3. My question is : "Why did the page stopped ranking further on to page 1?"

It just keeps going down and up on page 2-3 but that's really it. It won't budge from there. 
Any help please? :)

Comments

• MaXMaX Portugal
    edited May 2015

Hi Malcolm,

there is no single correct answer to your question. GSA -SER is a great tool
    but it is not the Holy Grail to page 1 rankings. First of all, your on page SEO
    has to be spot on. Your site content has to be highly relevant and of excellent
    quality. The link profile of your competitors is also hugely significant when
    it comes to figuring out if or not you will actually be able to achieve a page
    1 ranking. 

Not every keyword you are trying to rank will get a page 1 ranking. You should
    analyze before you start creating a campaign and find out which are the
    keywords with which you have a realistic chance of ranking. Your link count is
    also important. Even though things have changed considerably over the last 12 -
    18 month, the number of links your site has compared to the sites of your
    competition is still a major ranking factor. So is the age of your domain
    compared to the age of your competitor’s domains.

Depending on your niche and its competitiveness it might take quite a long time
    for you to see the next increase in your rankings. I have no idea what your
    link strategy is, nor do I know the quality of your content. It really is very
    difficult to say the least to provide you with a true and helpful answer.
    Because without checking knowing your site and the those of your competition as
    a starting point nobody can in my opinion give you a correct and pinpoint
    answer.

• MalcolmKevinMalcolmKevin Australia
    edited May 2015
    Indeed, I didn't give to many details about my niche, even so, thanks for taking your time writing a reply. I think you partially answered my question, appreciate it :)

Have a good day!