Skip to content

Can You please tell me what I did wrong with my SEO :(

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hey,

Here is my site: Make Money Online And Work From Home With Jenna

I'd like You to tell me what i did wrong, since my site is not ranking for any kw i was targeting.

Here is link ahref for my site: https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/ove...mhome.com%252F

Here is link to majestic: https://www.majesticseo.com/reports/...romhome.com%2F

My content is unique, written by humans. My primary link building tool was GSA:

I need help, cos this SEO is killing me and my business now. Many thanks.

Comments

• I have just had a quick look (very quick) at the majestic data and there are a few glaring things to my mind;

1. Your link velocity is way too much too soon. 1-12-12 to 24-01-13 you have gotten nearly 20k links in just over a month.

I won't even bother going into anchor text ratios since I believe you are way past that.

2. Your niche is the internet marketing genre and your site was created in Aug 12.

This niche (make money online) is only ever going to be an uphill struggle. Google is more than aware that most operators going for this KW will be spamming the living daylights in order to manipulate the results (case in point).

If you really want to stick to IM niche you need to find an area of expertise that you can provide users with something better than anywhere else. You appear to have set up GSA SER to bombard your website with links with little thought to the construction, analysis and direction of your website.

Take a step back and think about this for a minute. Gone are the days when you could set up a half hearted attempt at a website with mediocre content and simply set up an automated tool to blast your way to the top. The search engines are much wiser these days and you need to be looking at 'angles' for any given niche that is better than any other person is offering. 

When you do find an area to focus on, choose your KW's wisely and DON'T bombard the beejeezers out of your site at all. Wait for a good 3-4 months before you even contemplate building links. During this time, create outstanding content, use images, videos, infographics (I see none of these in your posts) and you will find natural links coming in.

Once you're are established and passed the 4 month stage (by which time you should have some natural links anyway) you can begin to slowly build links that are niche related - use buffer sites to reduce but also strengthen your links and take it easy. Look at your closest competitors and understand what they are doing, are they building links? if so how many do they get each month? what type of links are they getting?, what is their anchor text profile like?

In all honesty the whole SEO thing is now a defined art and you need to gain this experience and execute using this art (which by the way is constantly changing week on week) - build a business first, make it for users and for effing sake, forget link building until you have a site which deserves your efforts to build links to.

Not meant to be harsh but honest - please take it that way ;)
  • "My content is unique, written by humans." - Are You Sure ?. I only checked one of your articles in Google and the exact same post had been posted on another blog 10 DAYS before you posted it.
  • the problem here is not the content or the seo used... is the niche... this is one of the hardest niche to rank for.. if you are not a seo expert dont go for this niche there is a lot of competition here.
  • Takeachance,  I Totally disagree with you on a far majority of your points.  I mainly do my sites in the IM niche  among others  and I'm able to rank for some good keywords in less than a month by flooding my site with back links. 

Reasoning why?  Just good ol' on page seo.   I keep my sites very simple.  1 Page sites with less than 500 Words but unique content that I write myself.  That goes against everything you have just posted.  I pump out about 5-10 sites like this per day. If it didn't work I wouldn't be doing them like this.  but it does. 

Now Client sites I do treat differently depending on their on Page seo etc.  There's a ton of factors as i'm sure you are well aware of.

My Advice to you danhoff untick Indexer,  And Untick Referrer and try again on a different site.  More than likely you should get better results.  Took a good look at your on page seo KW density of 1-2%  make sure that your content is 100% Unique no matter what.  and at least 500 words. 

Give that a try.  And let us know the results. ;)
  • @hunar - that's great I'm glad it's working for you. My principle point is getting at the overall business strategy or in this case lack of. In my view, any strategy which basis it's long term prosperity upon '1 page sites' is doomed to fail into the longer term.

If that's your bag then great, but when giving advice I wouldn't personally recommended adopting such an approach.
  • @hunar
    Thanks for the tips i'll try to do it Your way. Does all of your sites show up in the serps ?
  • I see no interlinking between pages.... no vids, no pics......

you get OBL to authority, thats ok.

text lenght seems ok.

WELL I dont like this, and sure does not google:

http://www.copyscape.com/?q=http://jennasworkfromhome.com/

:-)

fix that.

anchors and BL is poor, just BC crap:

http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/anchors?site=jennasworkfromhome.com

https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer/anchors/subdomains/jennasworkfromhome.com/phrases

greg morrison teached me how to do that ......
  • takeachance, great postings.

but the point about "natural links" is long gone for me..... nobody links to you if you are not in rankings or kissing other peoples butt to link to them "reviews, free postings, link lists.. etc"..
  • @danhoff Yes out of the 500 sites I own a far majority of them are ranking still and always have been.  A few things I have noticed since the latest panda update that I have seen a few others doing and that I did a test and seems to work really well.  I've seen a few guy make a site than write 5-6 100% unique posts than if you use wordpress to display those at latest posts.  each post targets a keyword similar to the main. 

Hope this makes sense.

What I've noticed when people do that is that they are able to rank multiple posts for the same keyword  Which is good if the keyword you are targeting is a money maker. 

Make sure your on page seo is up to par with some of the things that thisisalex had suggested than running your gsa like I had said.  With that I see no problem that you should not be able to rank. 

• @thisisalex natural links still make the web go round... if you target the right kws and create top notch content it gets linked to. Agreed, you have to 'get it out there' but with some wise legit 'promotion' it's not that hard if the content stands up.
  • Who is "greg morrison" ? how can i get in touch with him ?

guys thats for all the tips !!!
  • thisisalexwhy is my backlinks poor ?
  • takeachance... yes i 100% agree with you... but I am sick of kissing other peoples butt, thats why I am using GSA ranker now....

I know, my content is good. Even my web20 properties are great. my ytube vids are great, etc..
    BTW; I have 100k ytuve views/month... but what good does that doe, if I am not top 10?...

In the end.... "natrual links" + promotion + backlinks.... done. should work.

I know what you mean, though.

thats, to be honest, in 2012 i did lots of youtube. got great results, and nice $$$...

Even in Germany, which is 10 years behind you english guys in Internet and SEO and Ranking... its been harder in the last 5 years to get good (!!) content out there on top 10..

Crap Sites with Backlink Spam are out there. One Post Websites with Blog Comment BacklinkSpam, Link Pyramids.. Stuff Google did not get..

But hey :-)

Playing field is even now I got 10 semi proxys, great (!) spintax and GSA Ranker.

BTW; you can even read + understand my spintax. Thats how much effor I put in MY work...

danhoff, dont want to do much promotion, but the sells his course over at:

omgmachines.com/

His 140€ ebook sucks. but his course could be helpufll to you!