Skip to content

What's The Benefit of the Scheduler?

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited January 2013 in Need Help
Can someone advise me what's the benefit of using the scheduler?

Without it, it takes projects in order of priority like ++ or + or -  or -- (but it's random I believe amongst the priorirty, i.e. among the ++ projects), and works on them and switches to next project.

I also see it working on + projects, even while there is work on the ++ projects, so it does seem to cycle through the projects even without the scheduler.

What role does the scheduler have? 

I might be missing something very obvious! 

Comments

• I have over 20 top level projects, most with 6 tiers ( 3 each of primary and secondary) so 120 different projects that need links.

If I try to run SER on all projects at the same time my VPS can't cope and I don't want to be going back to it throughout the day to turn some on, others off so I just use the scheduler - 5 projects for 20 mins at a time so each project gets a bit of time for GSA to do its thing.

Without the scheduler I would have to baby sit a lot more.

The one thing I would change would be for SER to realise when a project gets to Active (P) and to take it out of the schedule but I asked Sven and he binned the idea. You can end up losing lots of resources this way but I am more concerned about not having to baby sit all day rather than build a shit load of links.

Never bothered with priority setting before as each project has a pause point anyway...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version will stop projects with "Active (P)" if wanted (option)
  • Excellent! Cheers Sven, you are great!  ^:)^