Skip to content

Majestic vs AHREFS, need advice

Hi all,

I have been using ahrefs free version for a while and am ready to upgrade to a paid account to get deeper and more robust data. I see that AHREFS just upped their game and added a lot of new features. Before signing with them, I wanted some advice please about them versus Majestic. 

If you only have budget for one of them, which one would you use and why?

Also, is this type of service worth the money? i.e. adds value, peace of mind, competitive advantage, etc.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I use Ahrefs because I hate the Majestic interface/GUI. Probably not that helpful you though.
  • both are great, also it is a difference of results if u compare them, if your budget is limited go for majestic(my opinion)...
  • They're both good (but overpriced IMO), and there's not really that much to choose between them. Personally I prefer Majestic, but that's only really because I'm used to it.
  • @viking. Majestic has some bulk checking operations that are pretty awesome. The bottom line is this. AHREFS wont give you Trust Flow or Citation Flow like Majestic. MOZ gives you PA and DA.... AHREFS ranking is not so useful.
  • Depends for what tasks you need ahrefs/majesticseo acc.
    You can also try openlinkprofiler - its free.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    AHrefs give you PA, DA. They also give you some new metric , Ahrefs Rank which is an obvious ripoff of Mozrank. $80 a month though, it's a real racket.
  • empteeemptee http://prjacker.com
    IMO, it depends on what you want more - backlink reports, or CF/TF..

TF/CF are (IMO) the most useful metrics around at the moment -  but Ahrefs do seem to have more of the internet indexed (at least from a few sources I trust, anyway)..

Ahrefs metrics are somewhat useless for the time being IMO...
  • You guys better try @emptee add on for gsa it work wonders
  • SvetaSveta Kiev
    edited May 2015
    as for me Ahrefs much better, did you see their last "Domain Health" tool ?))))