Skip to content

Drip feed mode and when to verify - custom time options don't work

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi,

I created a new project on  2013-01-22 05:52. I set the option to pause the project after 500 +- 0 submissions for 600 minutes. I also set When to verify: custom time, after 10000 minutes.

The problem is that this project has 2412 submitted and 353 verified backlinks after only 1 day. It should have about 500 submitted and 0 verified, according to my settings.

This drip feed mode and custom verify time never worked for me, not just in this project, what could be the problem? I use only my global site list I imported before.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I would be interested to hear what Sven has to say about this issue. It has been mentioned now on 2 other threads that I am aware of. I experience this same problem every day and it is really hampering my attempts to drip-feed to sites.

• I have had this too. It used to work. I partially solved it by selecting submissions in a day rather than a period of minutes. It works ok then. 
  • All of my sites are Submissions in a Day, and it does not work all the time.

Also, if all projects are paused due to reaching the submission, and you restart GSA, all projects will restart.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Please note that some URLs are added nevertheless to the verified URLs if they are seen to be online already. That can happen e.g. if you have placed a link ther with other software.

Also note that even you set it to submit only XYZ links a day it still means that the verification is always happening and links get added to the verified URLs. A verification is done because the project is "jobless" (nothing to do for it) and that time can be used to verify links instead of idleing.

The only problem with this "drip-feed" is, that the number of submissions/verifications are not remembered if you did not choose "submissions/verifications a day".

• edited January 2013
    Hi Sven,

I just upgraded to v4.99 and before this all of my jobs were Active (P) because they reached the max submissions for the day. Following the upgrade all jobs are Active, some reached Active (P) soon after but many are still in the Active state some time after the upgrade.

Why don't they ALL return to their previous state of Active (P) after an upgrade.

I can understand what you are saying about verifications, but my jobs are actually going through the submission process when they should be paused.

Wayne

• thats why i try to avoid update unless its critical..or try to update just before my pause time [like when i see most of my projects are going to be active again within 60 minutes]

i wish Sven could bring some magic to keep all Active(p) as they are
    @kortezubi that can have several reasons, if they don't go to pause it means that the number of submitted links might have changed already as verified links go to submitted and submitted counter is decreased.
  • @Sven but doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the "submissions per day" setting in the first place? If I only want 5 submissions per day, submissions that have been moved to the verified should also be counted in the total for the day otherwise the job has the potential of running non-stop. Am I missing something here?
    Well a verified URL doesn't have to be submitted the day it was verified. Of course the program knows this just the time it has verified an URL but it does not save the date when it was original submitted next to the data of a verified URL.
  • It does make make the "submissions per day" into a meaningless selection like the "close door" button in many elevators.

Such is not harsh criticism; software is tough stuff.

• It never worked for me. for example I have just stared a campaign, I chose pause the project after 100 submissions (not verifications) reached in a day. then I had to stop it after 271 submissions. It should have stopped automatically after 100.

Please check it, I think the drip feed option doesn't work as intended.

Arg again the same thing. IT IS WORKING. Just that people get confused with the numbers.

Again, for that option it just counts the submissions where an URL was submitted, nothing else as that is important to not build to many possible URLs. A registration or login submission is not counted here.

• edited March 2013
    Ok now I'm really confused! What does the submitted column show please?

I have pause after 100 submissions per day set but after a few minutes I have 170 submission showing in the submitted column.

Should I just ignore this and let the drip-feed setting control the project?

My understanding would be that the pause after xx submissions per day would send the project into verify only mode after the xx submissions were reached. Is that correct?

If not how else can we enable a controlled drip feed?

Thanks.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It does what it says, after x submissions, it pauses until timer is reset. With extra resources it often verifies...but that depends on your other projects.