Skip to content

Why so few verified links?

I set up a test project for article engines and got about 270 successful submissions but only got 1 verified link!

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    270 submissions is nothing when it comes to SER. You should let it go through a lot more submissions, but if you really want the highest submitted/verified ratio, a solid verified list is what you're going to be after.

Keep in mind that proxies, captchas and email (for email verification) are also very important so make sure you're going with a good setup.
  • Thanks for the advice. Of course I understand that not every submission is going to result in a verified link but 270 submissions for just 1 verified link seems wrong to me. What's happening to cause the submissions not to get verified? I have good proxies and email addresses, GSA CB and DBC.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    It could be many things. The site could require moderator approval, the site admin could have changed something which makes it not verify properly, platform can change, captcha problem, email, the list goes on. 

So with a verified list you're using sites that are known to work because each URL has been verified. You can build you own verified list over time with global site lists or use an external scraper to build one faster. 

Letting SER scrape on its own is fine, but it will just be a bit slower to get links compared to a verified list or feeding it your scraped identified lists.

• I scraped that list in Scrapebox using GSA footprints, then imported it into GSA using the "identify and sort in feature". The initial list size was about 5,000 urls which resulted in 1 verified link. Maybe I just need a bigger list or like you said, a verified list is probably the way to go.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Did you happen to notice any error messages showing in the log when you processed the list in SER?
  • magicallymagically http://i.imgur.com/Ban0Uo4.png
    As I see it - there are two problems:

1. The capthcas are simply getting harder and CB can't handle enough of them
    2. Engines are not maintained and updated enough.

That means you can pull 1000's of urls thorugh GSA - however they wont get verified unless the engines can handle them and the captcha solving is near 100%
  • Isn't captcha solving mainly used in the submission phase?
  • @Trevor_Bandura This is an example of the messages I was getting: "04:55:14: [-] Verification of Drupal - Blog not successful->removed - http://www.medicusins.com [Registration]"
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@runningfree73 captchas are usually used when registering on sites, and if there is no registration then on submission. There are just a few sites requiring captchas on login and/or submission.

That message "Verification of Drupal - Blog not successful->removed..." means that no email was sent from that site with login/password/verification link. When this happens and SER was able to submit a login/password on registration, it tries to login anyway after that message to see if no verification link is needed. But usually there is somethign required and later submission will fail.

• @Sven Yes, I meant submission "phase" to include registration also but that doesn't answer my original question. I would like to know why I only got 1 verified link out of 270 successful submissions. Is that normal for article engines?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Most article engine submissions are manually approved, so if your content is bad, yes, this is "normal".
  • I guess my content sucks but who uses readable content for tier 2 or 3 links?