Skip to content

Cannot open gsa ser

hi guys,

earlier my gsa ser hangs badly and i had to do a hard reboot (physically pulling the power plug and restarting the machine).

after that i opened gsa ser and it just remains an icon in the windows task bar and the program screen doesnt pop up.

i proceed to uninstall and reinstalling it (5 times), and everything the same problem remains.

What i did:

1. downloaded several registry cleaner to clean the registry
2. after installing gsa ser, i deleted the folder in the computer
3. disabled firewall and anti virus before installing

but after installation (latest version from your website) the same problem remains, it is just an icon in windows bar and no matter how i click on it (or use ALT TAB the program just wont pop up)

can @sven advise on this?

Comments

• just to add on, after a fresh start and once i try to start gsa ser, the whole computer becomes very lag. and if i do not open gsa ser, i can proceed to work on any other programs just fine.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    This can be something like a big proxy list with public proxies. Try going into the appdata folder and remove the proxyfinder.res file if it's too big.
  • thanks @sven

i went into gsa ser folder but i cannot find this "appdata" folder. was wondering how do i access this foldeR?
  • btw i tried searching for "proxyfinder.res" in c driver using window explorer and no such file can be found.
    located in C:\Users\<Your Login>\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker
  • hi @sven, thanks for your help. i already delete this "proxyfinder.res" but the same problem still exist.
  • hi guys, the solution didnt work but after uninstalling gsa ser. i went to manually delete the entire folder  C:\Users\<Your Login>\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker and reinstalled gsa ser and everything is working.

for anyone else facing this problem pls take note.
    Hmm still would have liked to figure out what the real cause was. If anyone else has this issue, maybe make a backup of this before and if it was fixed, send me the backup.