Skip to content

Recieved strange email

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Been using GSA for a while now and it has been really great for my own website to help it achieve decent rankings.

I got a SEO client and started to use it on there website too, then we recieved a very offensive email both to me and the client accusing us of spam. The email reads :

It came from a unofficial email address f***@off.com

you claim to be marketers but you are just f****** idiot moron spammers.
learn to read english you stupid f*****. spam us once more and we will
pursue you in court and send logs to your web host.

Any ideas why this happened and what I should do? It seems strange since they dont even tell us the domain we are supposedly spamming?! I use proxies and for now my home pc simply because I only have one client.

Knocked my confidence really abit wasn't sure how to prevent this from happening again etc. Is there any way to prevent the software posting to the same URL twice?

Thanks In advance

Comments

• I won't comment on the technical side of things but I have had things like this happen before. When you are linking to a money site from a blog comment, a forum profile e.t.c where there are real people involved you occasionally catch someone having a bad day. You did.

Its fairly obvious for them to see who it is as you are linking to your money site so they can just go there. If you are doing it they think they are warning you and if you are working for a client they are trying to cause you hassle.

I have had it before from forums I used in senuke but they did leave the forum name so i just deleted the forum from my list. With these guys there is not much you can do. They are idiots.

• Thanks @backlinker so did you just carry on?

And can anyone else comment on the technical side of this to try and prevent this from happening again especially to my money sites?

Is there anyway of finding out were the email came from?

Thanks again
  • OH, I get these all the time.  And to be honest just keep doing what you are doing.  My Clients(s) also get these.  And his response to me was "I'm glad I get these,  Shows me you are working hard"  I thought it was hilarious.