Skip to content

is there an easy way to duplicate projects to make it faster?

I duplicated a 3 tier project for another website project. The 1st website 3 tier project is running your list fine. The 2nd website 3 tier project won't run your list. Am I missing something here. I duplicated allthe settings and changed all the keywords for the 2nd website that was duplicated. I can't get it to run it just says reloading URL settings. I'm using FCS networker for 1st tier and then Ron's tier structure for both websites. Ican't get ittofind the list to run on the the duplicated website. It still runs fine on the 1st website 30lpm. I'm stuck, your helpis greatly appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Is it running off global site lists or imported list? Are you able to import the list into your project?
  • i'm running off of global site lists. which I made sure it's checked on in each of the projects for the 2nd website projects. 
    Hmm, I'm not sure. Maybe try right clicking on the project > import target URLS > from site lists > choose your site list.
  • I just did that and just chose iditified which is where the links urls are stored. it said 78892239 links loaded. I'm running the first campaign and it's running. I'm running the duplicated 2 website that I used import target URLS and it's still not running?
  • Is there an easy way to duplicate a campaign? So you don't have to reload all of the information over again?  I want to be able to use the same tier layout and site list for all the different campaigns. I understand I will have to change keywords, anchor text, artilces and emails and all of that stuff.  How do you do it? Maybe, I just jacked something up when I tried this.  So do you  hit > duplicate > everything or just/data options? I used "everything" when I did this duplication.  
    Duplicating just data/options would have been a better choice. If you did it using "everything" you would need to right click on all of those projects > modify > delete target URL history/cache etc.

However, I'm not sure why your duplicated project isn't running. You should be able to click the arrow in the bottom right corner of the app and select "only one project", then select the project that isn't running and click start, look to see what the log says. If there is no log, then I'm not sure, Sven would need to look into it further.

Maybe try deleting those broken campaigns and duplicate them again the other way and see if that helps. 
  • I have re duplicated the project earlier this evening not using the "everything" option and nothing. I don't know what is going on? I just did the arrow at the bottom right hand corner and nothing in the log either? It just says project started and it sits there. I'm using a sitelist from ron but I checked identified where the list is and have global setting on. It's all the same settings duplicated the first project. Can I pm you and screen shot this thing out with you or maybe get sven to help? I left a comment on his main page earlier tonight. I feel like it is a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I'm just exhausted trying to figure this out. maybe do a join.me or something.
    Are you on a VPS? If you want, you can PM me the login details. Leave the list in a folder on the desktop that you want me to import and the project to import it into, I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Shoot me a PM.
  • Sorry no vps. Its next on the to do list. I have quad Core,16 gig, 3.6ghz processor running everything.
    Grab this: http://anydesk.com/remote-desktop

PM me the needed info to connect
  • Ok I have code. How do I pm you?
  • Pm sent with code
  • To duplicate:

- Right Click project -> modify project -> duplicate -> just data options
    - Select yes to duplicate tiers
    - Change all keywords and URL's
    - Import new email accounts into each project (you can select all three projects -> Right click -> Modify -> Import -> Email Accounts -> From clipboard)
    - Right click and import lists into project