Skip to content

Project ran out of targets ? What Should I Do If This Is True ?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi guys,

It looks like some of my projects have run out of targets to post (i only have "engines with contextual links checked" in Article, Social Network and Web 2.0 - This is my Tier 2 linking towards my Tier 1 Web 2.0s). Why do i say this ? Because submission rate is very low as i don't think GSA finds anymore sites to post on.

It's not a problem with settings/proxys because my new projects are submitting like there is no tomorrow.

I've tried putting in new keywords and it doesn't seem to help (it's logical but i figured it doesn't hurt to try).

So what do you guys think ? Is my train of thought correct ? What should i do if GSA has indeed (almost) ran out of targets to post on? Maybe a new project with new content linking towards the same Tier 1 target ? Try to delete cache (i don't think it will help much)?

Thanks

Comments

• I have this issue even though I have millions of targets in my identified lists.

Maybe it's a bug, because I don't see how I can have "No more targets" if I've only submitted to 32k sites with this project. The "avoid posting to the same site" option is off.  I imported about 7M urls using the import/identify function.

I've submitted 200k in another project.
  • Interesting.... this problem disappeared when I click to verify automatically (project settings) again. I had it set to never/don't verify.

That's a shame, I was hoping to automatic avoid verification so I could balance CPU load better.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @team74 thanks for pointing this out. There was indeed one thing that could influence this. Will get fixed in next version
  • @team74, i've also come across this issue as i also submit in one go, and then verify after by choosing 'never/don't verify'. 

A question when submitting in this way. When your through with the submissions, and now want to verify, whats the best way to now verify all the links you've submitted? Verify Only, Verify Emails only or verify all links? I've tried all of them, but it never seems to check all of the links to see if my backlinks reside. 

The numbers in the 'submitted' column will go down for a while, as it works it's way through them, but then gets to a certain point and begins to slow down, and even left running for days, it still never gets to 0. Ideally, i would have hoped that it would check all of them, so the 'submitted' column goes down to 0, but it never does.......
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    use the new option to only verify once might help you here.
  • Ahh, just noticed that. Will give it a go, cheers Sven
  • @doubleup go with Sven's suggestion or verify on the project level (show urls->submitted, then verify) if you're still having issues.

I generally do this a week later or so anyway, so I can build a master list safe for use direct to money sites.
  • @team74 went with Sven's idea, and it worked out perfectly. I normally do this a few days after submitting, might have to look into extending the period a bit.