Skip to content

EU Servers and US Proxies - Speed, Does it Matter?

As above, I've just moved to EU servers but have kept my US proxies as I can't find good EU proxies that are good enough or on a similar pricing level as the US ones. 

Most of the sites I work on are UK based, so this is my reasoning behind it, but are/will the proxies be the weak link in the system or does it not matter that much? If it does matter, can someone point me in the direction for $100 per 100 private proxies?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• IdontknowIdontknow Romania
    edited March 2015
    I don't belive speed metter. Yes, can't be slow like hell but if I can coose I will choose US proxies. As long as google bots are from US and have ways to detect your submissions methods, I will use just US proxies.

Find new providers, not old, and buy one proxies and see if are realy dedicated, if you want dedicated.
    I use shared proxies from buyproxies and support is best. They try to give me faster proxies(my country) but I don't like that, they try to help me but some sites don't  like EU proxies. But from 1 march they also add VAT to proxies...we are from Eu and must pay :more.
    Try maxela also, I didn't use them but I feel good about  them.
  • Make speedtest from your server to EU location and USA location and you have answer.
    Yes it matters more than alot.
    Proxies should be closest to your location and thats very important.

What kind of submission methods detection you are talking about?
  • @proxies4google thanks I was talking about private proxies but I will check yours out for my scraping server, it seems competitively priced (@satyr85 don't worry I like yours too and am willing to pay:))

Satyr85 thanks man will check the speed. I am reluctant to move from EZProxies as they have been great and I'm getting 40-50% discount currently...but speed matters (price does as well, though).

@Idontknow the whole idea is to have EU servers, EU proxies and my sites are EU based so everything has less distance to travel (so to speak). I just wasn't sure how much of a difference EU proxies would make...

Got lots of setting up to do on my new servers so will speed test a handful of US proxies and report back in case anyone else has the same question. Thanks again Satyr85
  • IdontknowIdontknow Romania
    edited March 2015
    satyr85 I belive US proxies are more valuable on googles eyes. Is just a hunch.
  • @JudderMan Any update on this? Have you already tried it?
    I'm also using US servers before and moved to EU servers with US proxies but didn't see any difference to be honest.
  • @ohohRaii not seeing much difference to be honest. I'm currently logged out of my posting server (not a good start....4 days in and access blocked...) so I can't say for sure but on Friday it looked OK. I'll probably end up getting some EU proxies to mix with the US ones really, I think that would be the best thing as I really like the service from EZproxies and don't want to lose my recurring discount to go to another provider and for them to be crap. Can never have enough proxies anyway ;)