Skip to content

Verifying links in lower Tiers - Broken link chain!

Hello,

I set SER to auto verify links every day. However when a link is removed from Tier 1, the Tier 2 links linking to that URL still pass the verification, even though the link is useless. And then Tier 3 builds links to these useless URLs.

Tier 3 URL --> Tier 2 URL --> Tier 1 URL --> Money site
So the Tier 1 URL get's deleted. Tier 2 URL linking to that Tier 1 URL will pass verification - which is a problem.

@Sven Is there a setting that would fix this?

Thanks..

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If you enable Re-Verification in all projects, they are removing the links automatically.
  • I have enabled re-verificaition, and bad links are being removed automatically, however not from Tier 2 if chained link from Tier 1 URL is removed (please see above).
    Well it can take some time till the project recognises this as it of course can not check the URLs of the main project every minute. But the URLs are reloaded each hour anyway and then it will see that this link is missing and remove it as well. However reverification has to be on in all projects.
  • Awesome! Thanks..
  • @Sven, when I remove URLs directly from project settings, then the verified links pass re-verification even though they link to that removed URL - could this be fixed?
    Thanks..
    well the url is still correct. ReVerify is checking if the saved link url is still there.
  • Yeah, but when I later remove the URL manually from the project settings because it got deindexed, I don't want Tier 2 links linking to that URL to be deleted as well - is there a way to do this?
    if you enable project options to reverify, it will do that automatically.
  • I've just checked, and it didn't do that - the verified URL still passed re-verification (both automatic and manual), even though the link URL was removed from URL list in Project Data - Settings
    well then we had a misunderstanding. I was speaking about the tiers linked to that main project.
  • No, I meant when I have Tier 1 URLs entered manually in Tier 2 Project Data - Settings
    Is there an option they would fail reverification after I remove them from Project Data - Settings?
    sorry no.