Skip to content

Problem with the Macros

JonoJono Australia
Hi

I’m having some trouble with the macros, and need some advice on what to try next.

What I’m trying to do is to get GSA SER to randomly select an article (based on the projects keywords) and use both the body of the article and title (no article/title mixing) and then spin them.

Macros I’ve tried in the Article manger tab

Title: #spin %article_title% #nospin
Summary: %first_paragraph-article%
Body: #spin %random_article% #nospin

Title: #spin %generate_title% #nospin
Summary: %first_paragraph-article%
Body: #spin %random_article% #nospin

The Issues

I keep getting some weird things happened to the title and article body.

The tile would sometimes have things like #nospin,  #vortex#nospin,  # article title example #nospin etc…

The body would sometimes be blank with nothing posted, or something similar to the below example.

“mg, .hide-comment-buttons #singleCommentHeader .formContainer >.title, .hide-comment-buttons #loginButtonContainer display: none; /* Expandable MPU unsex */ #go with .x300 overflow: visible!important; /* Collapsing Skyscraper hole */ .ad div.skyscraper height:motorcar!important;padding:0px!important; .ad div#mpu.skyscraper height:600px!important; Surgeon's life history advice: live with intimate advances - Australasia - Planetary - The Sovereign Tuesday 17 Parade 2015”

However some posts are completely normal.

Question on how to solve the problem:

1.) Any advice on which macros I should be using to get a random article based on the project keywords, then use the article title and body from same article (no mixing) + spun, Without getting the problems described above?

Future plans for the macros:

2.) Any plans on adding a new SER feature to only select articles that are between eg. 400 – 1500 words when using the macro? (This would probably help SER to stop posting nothing/blank articles)

3.) Any plans on adding a new SER feature to NOT select any articles that contain eg. #, hide-comment-buttons, etc…..  in the article? (maybe that might help to stop posting weird stuff like eg. “mg, .hide-comment-buttons etc…)

4.) any plans on adding a new macro to SER that can be used in the data tab, for example  %Random spun About yourself%   %random spun forum comment% etc… and have it automatically replaced every 10, 20, 30 etc… times?  This would insure that fresh content is always being used (Similar to the “Do not Submit same article more than X times in the article manager tab).

I hope I’ve explained this well, feel free to ask me any questions

Thanx

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Haven't you asked this in query already? The problem is that you use the macro %article_title% which refers to the content in "Article Title" itself in that field. It's recursive and not working! You have to use 

#spin %random_title% #nospin

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited March 2015
    @Sven - Yes, he asked this, but I told him to use %generate_title% when I spoke with him via email and that didn't work so I told him to post here.

@Jono - Try that macro Sven suggested and see if it makes any difference. Sorry, my fault! 

As far as questions

2, 3, and 4, that's up to @sven.

• JonoJono Australia
    Hi Sven and s4nt0s

Thank you for your help,

I’ve tried the  #spin %random_title% #nospin  and all the titles seems to be working :)

GSA SER has only posted  4 so far

3 of them are good, both the title and article body are
    there (see below):

http://leonardobrasil.com.br/forum/index.php/151244-my-life-my-job-my-career-how-4-half-witted-sustenance-helped-me

http://forum.hostingfalas.com/index.php/119024-desire-to-experience-a-more-importunate-blogging-study-this

http://cnknet.pl/forum/163972-attention-wellness-and-good-condition-blog

But 1 of the posts is missing the article body (see below):

http://www.thfoxs.com/wiki/Grime_Facts_Just_about_Blogging_Discovered

1.) How do I fix the article body macro   #spin
    %random_article% #nospin   so it posts an
    article and not a blank page like in the above example?

Thanks again

I guess that article pulled from one of the sites is damaged or the scraping itself is for one of the sites in content_search.dat

Please have a look in the <project>.rnd_content file if there is such an article in it with maybe one word only e.g. I guess thats the only reason for this.

• JonoJono Australia
    edited March 2015
    Sorry I'm not sure how to fix the <project>.rnd_content file.

1.) But I've made a screenshot here of what I think is the .rnd_content file, Is this the correct file? and if so can you see what I need to do the fix it?

The file in the screenshot is in the   AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects   location.

2.) Do I need to do anything or is this just a one off damaged article? if so should the rest of the scraped articles in future be ok?

Note: This is just a test project, I'll switch to the real projects after I get this article macro all fixed up.

Cheer m8

1) Yes thats the correct file. It holds all found articles for your topic and maybe you can see if there is a really short article in it. First word in line must be "artcile"

2) It should be one article form the sites scrapped being wrong. I would like of course to find out more on this but the problem with random content is that it is random and I can hardly debug this. If you once again discover this, stop your project and send me the backup. The rnd_file holds the data only for s hort time to always get new content and mix it so sending me the file now would propably of no help.

• JonoJono Australia
    Ok, I think I've got it now, Thank you for all your help.