Skip to content

Inserting Authority Links in Article Manager

I am trying to insert authority and random links in my article and have the appropriate boxes checked in Article Manager. I have also pasted in my own URLs for the authority links.

However, no matter how many times I click "Test" the article in the pop-up box never has any of these additional links. What is preventing the links from showing up? Below is a screen cap of my settings:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
  • ozzymandiusozzymandius Los Angeles
    I have %link% in my article spintax and GSA correctly puts a URL link/anchor text there.

But in Article Manager I have also checked the box: Insert up to 2 random/authority URLs for random words

So I would expect that GSA would choose a random word from my article and link it to a random authority link. However, no random links are inserted in the article. 

What should I add to my article spintax to ensure that random authority links get inserted?
    Note that I also checked Own URLs , clicked "Edit" and then pasted in my own authority URLs

So I don't understand why GSA isn't grabbing one of my random authority URLs and putting it into the article.

If put %url% %anchort_text% or %link% in my article body, only my main project URLs will then show up when I click "Test", and NOT the authority links I added to Article Manager. I also want the random authority links to show up in the article but can't seem to achieve that.

Well did you read the content fromt he link I pasted? You need to use one of the descried formats for your URLs in that field. And thats for a simple reason. It would make no sense to choose a random word and place a random URL under it if the resulting link is not related to that anchor.

I did read your link but I guess I am confused. Can you please give me
    an example of what should be in the body of the article in order to
    insert:

A random/authority URLs for random words

For example if the following sentence is in the body of my article, and I
    want to have an anchor text in the middle of the sentence linked to an
    authority URL, I am currently writing this:

There are many rules for
    %url%  %anchor_text% and this article will go through them one by one.

But instead of linking to an authority link, GSA pulls the main URL for my
    money site. How should I rewrite the above sentence so that GSA knows
    to instead pull a URL from engines/generic_urls.dat?

Well lets make it different...

Sentence is: There are many rules for XYZ and this article will go through them one by one.

If you want to have it placing a link on XYZ then you can do it only with:

http://myurl.com/blahh..html#XYZ

If you want SER to choose the anchor itself (it will try to ignore stop words), then the keyword %nachor_text% has to be part of the URL. Just as...

http://myurl.com/tag/%nachor_text%

Thanks. So I have to write something like this in the body of the article:

There are many rules for http://myurl.com/tag/%anchor_text% and this article will go through them one by one.

Maybe I am an idiot (possible) but then what is the point of having the check box in Article Manager, "insert up to 1-2 random/authority URLs for random words"? Because whether I check that box or not, I still have to manually insert the URL in the body of the article anyway, as in the above example.

Or am I completely misunderstanding (very possible) what you are trying to explain to me?
    Okay, I managed to figure it out, sorry for the confusion.

When I click Preview (instead of Test) I see all the links appearing as they should!