Skip to content

Out of Memory Error

I have been running SER without any problems for a long time. However the last few days I have been getting the "Out of memory error". Task manager says SER is only using about 500 MB. The system is a 2012 server with 8 GB of RAM and 4 Cores. My thread count was 200. I decreased that to 50 but I am still getting the error. I get this error even when stopping all but 1 project.

I am running GSA PI too. However, I stopped it and still got the out of memory error. I am running GSA CB too. I haven't changed any settings recently. I did reboot but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Have you tried sending a bugreport when this error appears? Also when exactly does it appear? After what time/same situation (See log)?

• Things were stable for awhile so I turned it back up to 200 threads but when I checked it this morning I had the out of memory error again. This time I sent the bug report. The timing of the problem varies.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm that bugreport is not showing much. No screenshot though...did you include it?
  • This must have either been a problem with my VPS or one of my settings. When I moved to a new VPS the problem stopped.
  • Me too having memory and cpu usage issue in the latest version of ser. SER gets blank with white screen even if it is stopped. When ever I try to duplicate a project even 1 time, it gets hanged for at least 5 mins before creating a duplicate