Skip to content

New Macro - %random_paragraph-%

2Take22Take2 UK
edited March 2015 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
Hi @sven,

Is there any chance that you could add the macro %random_paragraph-<varname>%  to the software if it doesn't exist already?

Would be useful to be able to add a couple of random paragraphs from an article for certain platforms that don't quite support a full one.

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    wouldn't it be easier if you just use the mix article setting to mix paragraphs automatically when placing an article?
  • Hi @sven,

I see what you mean, but I want to use the macro in other fields in the 'data' tab, like 'forum' and 'about me', for example.

At the moment I just stick %first_paragraph-<varname>% in there, but ideally I'd like to be able to have 1 or 2 more paragraphs of relevant text in those fields as well.

Unless I'm missing something?

try this: %first_paragraph$random_articlemix1$%

• Thanks Sven, I'll give that a try instead.
  • @Sven - is this modifiable? i.e. %second_paragraph$random_articlemix1$%
    no and it would be useless anyway as that articlemix macro is already shuffeling the paragraphs. 
  • This doesn't work when you press the Test button  at the bottom of the campaign window.
    @Choller what exactl fromt he macros discussed here?
  • How about a macro that automatically ranks my site, lol, %site_name%:<rank>, example, http://mysite.com:1
  • Lol, chance would be a fine thing mate! :)
  • Will %first_paragraph$random_articlemix1$% work with guestbook engines for example?
    Those ini files don't use %article% variable right?

I'm asking because when I try this it's not working. I"m using version 9.85 (latest) and my output looks like this.

%first_paragraph article goes here and the whole article is inserted

you are missing the dash...

%first_paragraph-$random_articlemix1$%