Skip to content

Article Builder Integration

edited January 2013 in Feature Requests
Article Builders content is much better than Kontent Machine. They have a nice backend admin that allows articles to automatically get spun by The Best Spinner which is owned by the same person.

Integrating Article Builder like Senuke has would be a huge feature for GSA. If we could have an integration where it pulls from Article Builder once a day, once a week, (whatever setting user wants) that would save us a ton of time on content.

Thanks for considering

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm yes sounds logical and I might add it.
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks Sven, I know you have a lot on your plate right now.
    I just started using Kontent Machine and it's scraper is horrible. Every article it scrapes has content that is completely unrelated to the keyword

I've changed the keywords several times, but it's still horrible.
    I'm okay with content thats not very readable, but having content that's pulled on a completely different topic is bad.

Here's an issue with GSA and Kontent Machine's Template:

When you import the Kontent Machine Template, it 
    - replaces the keywords that you had in the project, with keywords from Kontent Machine. Not too big of a deal to find your file with your keywords and repast, but I could see myself forgetting and then the campaign goes from 15k keywords to 72 (what happened to me)
    - Removes the URLs from the campaign.  That's another file you have to find and then copy and past again.
    - Replaces the anchor text since the keywords got changed
    - It also removes your email address

This seems small until you consider that changing the content every day, means repeating these steps every day.

@Sven Is that something to tweak in GSA or ask Kontent Machine?

I tried to change the template, but it has coding that I don't undersand and it's missing field as it custom options like Microblog.
  • edited January 2013
    Its easy to make your own template in KM without keywords or other fields that u don't want

For article builder..it would great if we can set number of articles to spin together and after how many days we want to pull articles again...

Plus as usual where to put our URL micro :-)
  • edited January 2013
    @senty4love  When you upload a template from KM into GSA, does it remove or replace the items mentioned above?
  • If item is in template file SER will replace that..I have one template where I just use title, body, summery, about me and categories... The rest I upload manually
  • cool, I'll try that, thanks Senty4love
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version allows you to choose the fields to import
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Does anybody know how article builder compares to ACW?

• ACW is comparable to KM or WAC, I think.

AB is entirely different animal. It is basically tips article which spin at the paragraph and sentence level. In the backend you can choose to generate from 150 - 1000 words, if I'm not mistaken. You can choose a super spun article with 20 articles spun together in one big article.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What is the article quality like?
  • @GlobalGoogler: It's good, not perfect, but above average for spun articles. But they're also overused. Unless you have a process to make it unique (spin words, etc.) then you'll find the content duplicated everywhere. The idea is great, but they only have limited snippets to spin.

@CreditDoc: What's wrong with using AB API, fetch 20-50 articles to a directory, then use %spinfolder-%? There's no need to schedule anything and fetch new content every so often. Just add more articles every month, if you want even more supply of unique content for your project.

Don't know about you. I like to have more control. We have limited API quota per day. So I like to have my content fetched up front and put into a directory.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @audioguy - thanks for review. Guess I'll give them a skip and stay with ACW. 
  • @audioguy Good call. I don't know how to use their API. I found AB API page but its over my head. I do know how to call a certain folder.

How did you get the API code to put the articles in a folder? Thanks
  • Hire a programmer. It should be a one hour work with their existing example.

Or you can learn how to use iMacros or Zenno Poster. Every day, run the process once (or schedule to run automatically). You have 400 articles to fetch daily. So with a click you can get as many as 400 articles to one or more directories for any topic they have.

You can even save 20 articles each for 20 topics. Ask iMacros to save to Dropbox. Sync that automatically to the folder GSA SER reads from (%spinfolder-%). The process is fully automatic. And you can be sure when you want to add content, there's quota available. You can choose which topic you want to add by modifying iMacros script.

That's what I use. Or perhaps you can wait Sven to implement this. He likes your idea :)

• @audioguy  Good call, I've been considering Zennoposter and this is another great use.  Hopefully Sven gets time to implement.  I imagine he is really busy :-)