Skip to content

Non English Speaking SEs - Little to No Results!

edited January 2013 in Need Help
I've been recently experimenting with submissions on other "non english speaking" SEs with little to no results. Today I setup a few projects, each one scraping from various Spanish speaking countries (around 48 SEs selected). I also translated all my keywords over to Spanish and re-imported them into each project.

My results have been dismal at best. My log shows endless results of 000/000 for most SEs. There are a few that display a few results, but not many. I am utilizing 20 private US proxies. The only issue I can think of is that the pages are not loading properly since I don't have proxies from these Spanish speaking countries. If that is the case, then I suppose I won't be able to utilize other non english speaking SEs without the appropriate proxies.

If anyone else has experience in this area or has suggestions.....I'd love to hear em!

Comments

• After further investigation, I believe I have discovered the culprit. It had nothing to do with the proxies, but with the footprint/text string combinations. These combinations were pulling no results, which makes perfect sense because it is taking a spanish keyphrase like: "palos de golf" "All Groups" "Powered by" "revou" and searching for them on spanish SEs, in which the footprints are not translated.

I suppose until the footprints are translated according to the SEs selected, we'll have no true way of submitting to other non english speaking SEs.

:-?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Good to know. Thanks for sharing.