Skip to content

Is it possible to use multiple proxy judges?

Small query: can we enter more than one proxy judge in the proxy tester seperated by commas? 

I've tried but I'm just unclear as to how well it's working (if at all) because public proxies and site sources are so up and down.  I don't have enouhg private proxies to see a difference because they're so fast to test ;)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    That provided proxy judge is very stable. I am using it for years now. However I might add the ability to use spin syntax here maybe?
  • Yeah it's always fast and always functioning correctly but I was just wondering - if there are 2 judges will it be faster in theory?  The spinning idea isn't really needed in my estimation. 
    Well it will not be faster I think. However the proxy part is changing completely over the next weeks. It will get way more advanced wit a lot more options.
  • Sounds awesome and I look forward to any changes :)
  • @Sven: I consider this question answered but for interest and clarity:

It won't be faster because only one judge is ever used at one time - am I understanding you correctly?

I think using multiple proxy judges must (potentially with right setup) add to the speed of checking proxies simply because twice number of threads can be run.  Maybe there is a reason that this isn't the case. I think you are more knowledgable on this than me.

Maybe it's what you have in the works but a nice feature would be to have a "wizard" to setup a proxy checking script on a remote host the user owns including generating appropriate .htaccess or otherwise blocking everyone but the user :) 

In any case I already think GSA SER proxy scraper is very underated, I would run it as my default public scraper even if SER wasn't already being used.

>It won't be faster because only one judge is ever used at one time - am I understanding you correctly?

Yes, I don't think it would be faster if I can spread the traffic on differen servers with the judge script. This is osolent anyway soon as chekcing can be done on other things.

>proxy checking script

Thats already done ... but not available as it will get part of the new proxy interface.

>underrated proxy checker

Yes I know, thats why you would see it even more advanced as soon as I have it done ;)