Skip to content

Will Stopping and Starting a Monitoring Project Start All Over?

If I stop a monitoring project and then run it again, will it start identifying all the links all over again or will it continue where it left off? I hope it's the latter because I will be getting a lot of duplicated if I close and reopen PI for whatever reason.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited February 2015
    If you completely stop a project by clicking the stop button a warning will let you know its going to completely reset the project. If you pause it, they will pickup where they left off.

If you click the "x" to close the app, you should see this message: 

Click yes and it will restore the projects where they were when you closed down the app. So you shouldn't have any issues there. :)

Also, you can always backup projects by right clicking on them. Then you can restore them and they should pick up where they left off.

• 1. So if I want to close PI, I pause all projects, close PI, open it again and start and they will start from where they were?
    2. What happens if I close PI while the projects are still running? Will they continue from where they left off automatically?

I see there is an autobackup set to 10 minutes in the settings, I guess this is in case PI crashes or gets closed forcefully?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I changed my post ^^ I might have been editing it while you were reading it, but you basically can just click the "x" in the right corner to close it and a message will pop up as shown above. Click yes and it will wait until threads finish, then save the state and close. Then you can just open it back up, select the projects and run them again.

You don't have to pause the projects, you can just hit the x and it does it for you. Of course you can always pause them if you want.

Autobackup - Yes that is there in case of an unexpected crash/computer problem, etc.
  • The edited post explains everything well and makes perfect sense! I'm desperately trying to find a thing that's been not though of :D

Thanks again s4an0s!